Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18 months ago i had a veneer on my front tooth.....2 days after it was put on it fell off...........it was re cemented. About a month on the top part by my gums cracked.....the dentist said this was rare as its usually the bottoms that get chipped by cups etc, oh and it fell off...............Just over a year passed with the veneer reattached and a polished down composite paste to fill the crack at the top. A day before Christmas eve it fell out.......refitted next day and 3 weeks on (today) it fell out again.............do i have any rights as it was not cheap............and surely it should not keep falling out like this........Each time i pay to have it refitted to...............?????

I am going to have a brand new one made but want to know if i have any rights regards paying full price for it etc....

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts
This thread is beautifully timed.
I'm about to leave the house, to go to the Dentist, to get a veneer fitted...

N

·
0 Posts
Funny, but dental work seems to come with zero guarantee.

A good dental plan and/or a dentist who plays fair is required, I suppose.

My dentist never charges for minor rework.

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts
Well my veneer looks excellent. Lets hope it lasts.
My dentist (new, as old one left the practice) seems to be a hell of a perfectionist, so I'm sure it will.

(Sorry, I realise this doesn't help you Matt :eek: )

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol.......thanks anyway................i went today too............discussed it with my dentist and am having a new one made.........but for half price..........

My boyfriend has 4 and he has never had a problem < touches wood > so good luck.......think maybe i was just unlucky wiht mine.

Just remeber not to eat hard fruit ( cut it ), Chocolate ( not refrigerated ), baguettes ( break them and dont pull with teeth ), and drinks ( be careful not to knock with the cup or glass ) lol.............trouble is you forget there there.:thumbs:

E

·
0 Posts
They sound more trouble than they are worth! I think I will stick with my wonky coffee stained gnashers :lol:

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts
My veneer is because there's a big chunk missing, rather than cosmetic reasons.
I haven't been told to avoid anything, I think my dentists intention is that it is well enough attached to stand up to anything a normal tooth would.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My veneer is because there's a big chunk missing, rather than cosmetic reasons.
I haven't been told to avoid anything, I think my dentists intention is that it is well enough attached to stand up to anything a normal tooth would.
I know people that have had veneers on for over 15 years no problem....but they do avoid putting excess pulling or pushing pressure on the tooth veneer. They are stuck very well but i dont like tempting fate.

I had mine done too because my front tooth took the impact of a hockey ball and it cracked it.........after time it started to discolour along the crack so i thought a veneer would be good.

My boyfriends were purely cosmetic as there was nothing wrong with his teeth....but after whiteneing and then 4 veneers it does look good...........not quite Simon Cowell though lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts