Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

So at the cinema a couple of weeks ago returned to my beautiful car only to see that some fat Ba**ard had smashed their door into mine causing an ugly dent, I didnt think it was too bad, a simple pop out job.

however I just got a quote from a bodyshop asking for £750!!! :eek:

now call me crazy but £750 to fix an asda ding on a car worth a grand seems steep...

They were talking about filling and smoothing and painting 3 panels... all seemed a bit excessive

So does anyone know any cheap body gurus? or any tips to fix this mess?

I was thinking about a new door off ebay, but I have zero skills to re-fit the lock, glass etc and the costs of getting a pro to do it again would be steep...

It breaks my heart every time I see it, and angers me that for a change it wasnt my fault

Any help would as always be much appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
360 Posts
How bad is the dent? Is the paint split, cracked or scratched?
If it is a simple dent, then a good paint-less dent removal guy could work wonders!
I had a couple of small but annoying dings on the passenger door of my GT, I got a special offer voucher through Groupon for a local PDR company and about 20 mins after he started working on it, no more dings!
Total cost was about 40 quid if I remember correctly! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
If it is just like an 'Asda' ding and the paint is not broken then find you local Dent Devil agent (or equivalent franchise), should be about £55 to £60.00 and they come to you or your place of work.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Agree that PDR is the best route if you can.

My Spider needed the rear quarters sorting on both sides where I still had imperfections from a pushed out dent on one side and a car park scrape to the other, PDR was not an option. £250 for fill, level and spray for one side, £350 for both sides with a guy in Harrogate - just to give you a ball park figure.... Finish and colour match were excellent BTW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts