Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I recently fitted a Dension Gateway to my 2001 147. It has caused a few issued. Namely the boot release stopped working and today discovered a drained battery after only a few days in the garage.

I have decided to ditch this and get a refund.

Are the alternatives any good? I see that alfa do a cable and connects2

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Quite a few after market units go into "standby" rather than off mode and do have a relatively high current drain in this mode. Two things to try to prevent this:-

1) Always make sure you turn the unit off at the head unit rather than just switch the car off at the key.
2) Some "off" buttons only go to standby unless they are held in for 3 or 4 seconds.

Rather than swap the head unit it might be worth trying this.

If you used a professional fitter they should be able to check current drain when the unit is switched off and try various off or standby modes to find what is happening.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I'll look into it. I can't help feeling that i have faulty unit or something as it was also throwing up other issues. the rear boot release started to work intermittently. I also noticed that the iPod would spiring in and out of life in sync with pushing the remote key buttons?? Very strange.

After I removed the thing everything is back to normal.

I've ordered the alfa accessory as there was one going cheap on eBay. Hopefully this works ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts