Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm off to Lake Como for a few days and need to hire a car. Imagine my delight when I see that Avis have a special category ("Fun") - for a significant premium - where the car specified is a Giulietta. Great I think, a chance to test drive it over a few days and make sure that I do want to buy one. What happens when I turn up at Milan airport. "No, sorry, we don't have a Giulietta but we will give you a BMW 3 series instead". I don't want a @~*$£! BMW! I want the car I ordered specifically - the website did NOT say "or similar". After a lot of shouting (in unison with the women next to me who did not get the car she ordered either) I left with the Beemer. To make matters worse it was a gutless 1.8 diesel automatic - pig of a thing. If I had known they would not give me a Giulietta I would have settled for the Focus and saved £££.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Very stroppy letter to Mr Avis will be on its way shortly ...

N

·
0 Posts
Hertz & Europcar also do Giulietta.

Reservations from a specific "collection" should be honoured. :tut:

(I've never had an issue when renting such cars from Hertz.)

Definitely cause a fuss as the 118D* is a bag o'**** and is a standard rental.

I shun Avis as they seem to supply lower spec'd cars than the others.

*Edit so the 3 series is the same it appears?

·
Registered
195 Posts
we had a broken screen on the giulietta so had to return to pisa ...hertz siad they were really sorry and had no giuliettas left and we got a 116d..... now that was really horrible...WHY are there so many on the road.....??? sounded like a tractor after the 1.6 jdt alfa... driving position crap... no go at all and no boot.... YUK....

N

·
0 Posts
Rented a car for tomorrow.

No Alfas available anywhere. (Europcar and Avis were listing them.)

Most cars are currently 250km/day limited. (I need at least 500.)

Pug RCZ was available but with above limit. :(

Will end up with a Cat E for 270 Euros for 2 days (Hertz)
which is a rip-off but I'm not paying.

Avis wanted 340 Euros for the same deal.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Someone ought to poke Alfa marketing with a stick and say "oy! get loads of G's into hire car companies so tourists can try them out and buy them when they get home"...

think yourself lucky - I just ordered a Passat and got a horrible Opel Insignia 2.0d *with EVIL electronic handbrake* :mad:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Opel Insignia 2.0d *with EVIL electronic handbrake*
But the Passat has that as well. My cousin has one, and it's a pain in the hole. Maybe it's for people who always wanted to be airline pilots with it's stupid f_king checklist of things you have to do to get the ignition to fire, but to be honest I'd like to be able to start the car in whatever damn order I want, thanks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts