1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
87,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Can't see how you can achieve a dense foam without the use of a Jetwash let alone the proprietary Snowfoam lance.

That said doesn't mean this product can't still do a half decent job, so be interested to hear your thoughts on this

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
755 Posts
You get a sort of foam but you use far more product than you actually need, if you look at there advert on youtube then its exactly like that but remember it can differ if you water pressure from the hose is different,

Works great through a lance and for the money it does well

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've used it the only problem is that I don't have a foam lance and our water pressure is crap so to cover the car is a right palava. Smells nice though. Check your local Asda or Morrisons for offers.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
They sponsor all the motoring programmes like Wheeler dealers so I was wondering about it aswell...

Our water pressure isnt great out of the hose but if its cheap I have a £15 halfrauds gift card so can give it ago.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i bought some havent used it though.

remember its 3 for 2 atm, and this is £10, i bought 3 things for £10 and pay £20, not bad.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
You'll only get that ultra thick Gillette style foam via a proper snow foam lance attachment on pressure washer. Autosmart and Autofinesse snow foaming is the best.

If it all runs off in 20 seconds, then it's crap foam and a waste of money.

Good luck and let us know the results:thumbs:

·
Registered
434 Posts
i can confirm it runs off after 20 seconds lol

did kind of expect it though, from just a hose pipe, does produce alot of foam, just doesnt seem to stick to the actual car very well, its good to wash with though, nice and foamy :p

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
:lol: ... If you got a proper lance / bottle foam gun, that may make a difference.

It's fun to use though and I was get a few onlookers when foaming up my cars.

Have fun :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got one from Halfrauds on the 3 for 2 offer, it is nowhere near the same as a pro high-pressure lance, but it does soften and remove surface dirt, making it easier to wash off with the micro-fibre noodle mitt. I don't need to put anywhere near the same amount of Meguiars shampoo in the bucket to take all the crud off, and it seems less effort. Useful for really dirty cars, but I don't usually let mine get that bad, but a 180-mile round trip to mid-Wales in showers and agricultural deposits was the ideal opportunity to test it out. Would more than likely buy again, especially on 3 for 2 offer. :)

C

·
0 Posts
I've use Snow Foam a few times and you have to be careful to rinse off as advised on the product details. I was interrupted a couple of weeks ago and left it on about 10 mins longer than advised and when rinsed off I was left with a lot of 'Water Marks' that were difficult to remove. Lots of elbow grease required.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Tip for that scenario... Wash again with a good wash/wax and hand hot water with noodle pad.

Bit of demon shine with MF cloth and job done!! :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Demon Foam smells nice but that's about it. It's not strictly a snow foam in the traditional sense, more of a high foam shampoo. I use Magifoam by AutoBrite Direct through a foam lance and it can't be beaten, even leaving it to dwell for 30mins.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Demon Foam smells nice but that's about it. It's not strictly a snow foam in the traditional sense, more of a high foam shampoo. I use Magifoam by AutoBrite Direct through a foam lance and it can't be beaten, even leaving it to dwell for 30mins.
If you put it through a snow foan lance then it makes a decent snow foam and has a good cleaning and clinging ability to it, but if you keep it connected up the the water pipe then its not so good,

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
If you put it through a snow foan lance then it makes a decent snow foam and has a good cleaning and clinging ability to it, but if you keep it connected up the the water pipe then its not so good,
Honestly I found it completely outclassed by many products. Even with the lance set to foam as much as possible with a high concentrate of Demon Foam, but as I said before it's not a true snow foam.
I would recommend everyone tries the Magifoam I mentioned, in fact anything from AutoBrite will work wonders.....

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/exterior-cleaning/snow-foam/magifoam.html

·
Registered
755 Posts
I can get it to dwell for about 20 mins, technically a snow foam isnt defined on being a snow foam on its dwelling time, not all snow foams need half an hour to break through the dirt, the one that comes to mind is the one you suggested, magi foam, great stuff but doesnt need to go through the full dwell time to achieve the desired results

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I can get it to dwell for about 20 mins, technically a snow foam isnt defined on being a snow foam on its dwelling time, not all snow foams need half an hour to break through the dirt, the one that comes to mind is the one you suggested, magi foam, great stuff but doesnt need to go through the full dwell time to achieve the desired results
No, but it gives me plenty of time to clean the wheels :)
My cars rarely dirty enough to require a full 20+ minute dwell time but I still do it because it makes washing that little bit easier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts