Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
did they remap the one from back to the future so it went the 88mph required for time travel

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry, I haven't read the article, but I thought the top speed was about 115 mph?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I haven't read the article, but I thought the top speed was about 115 mph?

The 85 mph speedo was a requirement at the time for the US market. The article doesn't make it clear whether it would actually go faster than this. It does mention that the catalytic convertor fitted for the US market heavily restricted the engine.

Looks great though imo.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I saw one over the weekend, still looks rather striking but strangely very similar to an old VW Scirroco that was following not far behind!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Saw a group of them at Donington last year. Still not sure what I think.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
My Dad, helped to fix one that broke down on a test run, Years ago.
It made it into the local papers, you can see me in the photograph :D,
I must have been about 7 at the time.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I've always wanted one and one day hope to have one. My girlfriend thinks I'm mad enough with my love of 164s, I dread to think what she'd do if I came home with a DeLorean.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Because I am / was a Corvette anorak. I would like to mention the speedo being limited to 85 was a stalling measure in the US against legislation requiring airbags to be fitted to cars!!
Chevrolet fitted two speedos to the 1984 'vettes only one of which stopped at 85!!!! One was digital and the other a bar chart afffair.
John Z Delorean was also quite a key player in the Corvette program during the 70's.
I am afraid the Delorean scores a thumbs down from me:(

M

·
0 Posts
great looking car...i love the way he was caught...in a hotel room with briefcases full of cash....:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts