Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I discovered at the weekend that my 159 b&m does work. Sort of. On a long journey it suddenly started playing the music. Pressing the phone button got the message 'Language Pack not available'.

I did 3 long journeys and every time it kicked in after a while, approx 30 minutes. There is only 4 mp3s on the stick, so its not building a huge library or anything.

Today I got the english language pack, put it on the stick and went for a drive. 30 minutes in (according to the trip computer) and surprise on it comes. It starts updating and eventually says its done. Then it wouldn't respond again (no errors though).

This has indicated to me ...

1. my b&m is there (yay)
2. it is 'eccentric'

Does anyone know if there's a setting to delay the boot up ? It seems consistently delayed by 30 mins. I'm going to test again on the way to work (my normal commute is 10 mins, so it's an excuse to drive a bit more). I don't know because the manual doesn't mention it but right now I'm not discounting anything even if it does sound completely mental :D

It will go to the dealer eventually when my new wing mirrors turn up so this will get checked, but I thought I'd post this latest bit of alfa barminess for your entertainment ....

N

·
0 Posts
My assumption is that B&M is on all the time.

If there is a "boot-up" time then maybe there is an issue
with the always-on power to the system?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My assumption is that B&M is on all the time.

If there is a "boot-up" time then maybe there is an issue
with the always-on power to the system?

I thought so too. The fact that it always seems to take the same amount of time to start seems odd though. If it was an erratic power supply or loose connection I'd expect more varied behaviour, and it cutting out again after starting which has never happened.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello there.

I know this is an old post but I have exactly the same issue with my 57 159 ti. It takes exactly 30 minutes for my b&m to boot up. The buttons for speech or phone do not work for exactly 30mins into the drive. If a USB stick is installed with music it starts to play then.

I also have added issue of English language not available. Although I have updated it.

Did you ever get a fix for the 30 minute boot time ?

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

Did either of you get a fix for your Blue&Me issue? I seem to have a similar issue with Blue&Me crashing at random intervals then restarting when it feels like it!

Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Dunnie

I didn't get a fix. Still same issue. No activity for exactly 30 minutes every time. Very frustrating. Sorry can't help with your problem.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts