Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the (almost) good news is: there will be a roadster Arbarth version as well (FIAT badged? surely not!)

"Alfa plans to build 15,000 to 20,000 units of the 4C coupe over five years, two people familiar to the matter told Automotive News Europe.

Another 5,000 to 10,000 units of a roadster version of the 4C will be built for Abarth, the sources said. Abarth is Fiat's sporty sub brand that markets high-performance versions of the Fiat 500 minicar and Punto subcompact."

P

·
0 Posts
The delay of the 4C is nothing new.. When Alfa released the pictures of the fluid metal colour the press release stated 2013 is the launch date. And the delay to 2013 is minimal if you compare it to the Giulia that should have come out initially this year.. That's only due in 2014

P

·
0 Posts
:cheese:

I must admit I was gutted when I saw its only due 2013.. And with things always being brought to South Africa a few months after it hits the UK we in SA will probably only see it in 2014 (if we ever see it). We might not even get it in SA

G

·
0 Posts
I've seen them talking about 5000 being produced per annum, which is a lot more than the GTA, so I'm sure you'll see some in SA even if the bulk of them will be going to the US.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
We might not even get it in SA
Not to worry, I still have my doubts that the rest of the world will even get them.

Alfa for the last 8 years or so has just been a bunch of empty promises IMO. Don't be suprised if this car only comes out in 2015 and it will hardly break the 5 second barrier for 0-60mph

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do suspect now that it will be LHD only until well into 2014, and that the UK allocation will be negligable given that this is being pushed as critical to the JEEP / ALFA relaunch.

:-(

P

·
0 Posts
According to a few Australian websites the journos confirmed from Mr Wester that it will be in RHD and it will hit Australia in 2014. So it will probably be in the UK mid 2013 and in Australia and SA (the other RHD markets) it will hit in 2014.

@mason,its a little hard to deliver on promises when you broke :cheese:

And mason I must admit you almost as negative about Alfa as Corriedw :(

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
positive about Alfa cars, always, even when one exploded in a ball of flame and put me in hospital

negative about PR spin, puffery, indecision, and false promise at a corporate level

I call it "a balanced approach"

(and, from what you say, 2014 does actually seem the likely date for a RHD version)

P

·
0 Posts
positive about Alfa cars, always, even when one exploded in a ball of flame and put me in hospital

negative about PR spin, puffery, indecision, and false promise at a corporate level

I call it "a balanced approach"

(and, from what you say, 2014 does actually seem the likely date for a RHD version)
:cheese:

My "negative" comment was directed to my fellow South African, mason and not you :cheese:

I was saving away hoping to put down a deposit on the 4C next year already. Now I have to wait even longer to put down a deposit (at least it will be a much bigger deposit) :p

P

·
0 Posts
I have been informed by official sources in SA we will be getting it in the last quarter of 2013... So will probably be able to order in quarter 3, 2013

1 - 12 of 12 Posts