Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my poor baby is in a sorry state after colliding with a bloody stupid female deer in the early ours of this morning:(
I'll post pics of the carnage soon.

Luckily enough, the impact was fairly low speed, around 30mph max and the deer just got back up and ran off without leaving her insurance details:rolleyes:

Ahhhgh *****!
:D
I was left with a smashed bumper, headlight, fog light, os upper grill, os wing and both horns wiped out as well as a wheel arch liner:( She also smeared light green deer poop all down the drivers door too
The good news if there is any, no airbags deployed, engine, suspension and inner wing members are fine and straight. It took me just 90 minutes to strip off the damaged items so I could get a good indication of what damage was underneath.....

I'm gutted but it could have been a lot, lot worse and if I had been going faster at the time, I probably wouldn't be typing this now!:eek:

Used but good condition parts with matching 612 paint codes are on their way already for a total of £180, something I could do without really but, crap happens I guess it's an easy enough repair for me.

Bring back Tapatalk !!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
:eek: sounds very scarey. You are lucky you were not hurt. But your poor Q System :( Hope you can get the car back to its former glory. Wrong place at the wrong time. At least you are okay.

·
Registered
462 Posts
yikes! lucky you didn't get hurt though, could've been so much worse and she's fixable at least.

Just SORN'd my other one, might yet hang onto it but undecided at the mo.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Damn mate, that sucks!
Glad you're ok and the car is pretty straight and fairly easy to repair. I live way out in the sticks and have regular deer encounters but thankfully never hit one. I often have my rifle in the boot so any deer that strays into my car won't be as lucky as the one that hit you.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Feel your pain :eek: happened to me 30 years ago motor complete write off, 1 dead stag no pics as days before mobile phones :)

Yours does look salvageable , hope the cost is not to great

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah thanks guys... I was fine, just a bit shaken. I didn't even see the deer till the last second as it came from the opposite side of the road and I just caught sight of it at the very last second before impact... It must have been "hoofing" it across the road (pardon the pun):lol:
Luckily enough, there is usually a plod on that stretch of road in the early hours ready to pounce on speeders where it comes into a local village so that's why I was going steady... Irony was, no coppers and if I had been a bit quicker, I might have missed the whole incident anyway and none the wiser!
Guess We'll never know;)

Have to say on a side note... After holding my head in disbelief while getting out to inspect the damage, my next thought initial thought was.... "Hmmm, venison on a BBQ tomorrow then":lol:

Then it got up a bit dazed and scooted off into the trees:rolleyes: Typical... I can never catch a break:lol:

Repairs look pretty straight forward now, with just replacement items... The bottom of the old wing was a bit of a sod to loosen off... I'm trying to look on the bright side

The front bumper had a few old stone chips and light marks anyway and besides... She has now been christened... They say, "**** for luck";):lol:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sad to see Grahameo! Glad to hear you're okay and the repairs aren't too costly.

Shame about her running off though; Venison burgers on the BBQ are quite tasty :)

After seeing this though I'll never moan about a stone chip again! :cheese:

·
Registered
981 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you are alright mate. It's just a scuff, looks like it'll polish out easily enough.

N

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Same happened to me many years again just outside York, big wide road cruising along at a steady 60 from know where straight across from the left BANG! !! barely touch the brakes before seeing it and slammed on. There wasn't much left of the young deer, sort of exploded. My lovely shiney black Corsa SRI needed a new bonnet, both headlights, bumper, wing and various trim :( The big thing that surprised me was how far a walk back it was to the deer after slamming hard on !!!!

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
The front bumper had a few old stone chips and light marks anyway and besides... She has now been christened... They say, "**** for luck";):lol:

Sure has :lol:

When I shot my first deer my dad smeared its blood on my face , its something done on a first kill

So as yours got up and ran off you just get poo smeared down your door :lol:

Glad your o.k Graham :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Im sure you will get it back to its rightful self again.

I once had a discussion about right of way with a furry critter.
It made me skid into an embankment and I wrote the car off.
I claimed it off the insurance company, when I was asked to name who I thought was responsible for the crash I jokingly said "Mother nature". When the papers arrived at my house to sign, is said: "Party held responsible by undersigned: Nature (mother) / (unidentified)"

Guess there was no sense of humour there.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Bit of a Pita, but as said at least your ok which is the car's job after all.

Always amazes me how those deer with those skinny spindly legs always seem to get up though:confused:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello Grahameo,

Very glad to hear you are ok, wonder if an idea I had after I 'met' Brock the badger late one night ( nearly destroying the front end of my Sportwagon) might be worth posting after all, namely fitting a silent deer screamer from Land Rover. Not sure if its possible ( size/cost etc), but after your experience, perhaps it is not one of my more 'window licking ' bonkers ideas after all....any members with Landys - is this possible?

Glad you were lucky!
Cheerio
The Captain:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ouch!!! Can't believe a deer could do so much damage at 30 mph! She must have been travelling too fast!!! Sorry to see...

Deer and white van men?! They're both Alfa destroyers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tough luck! But at least the damage was limited to wing and bumper. I have a spare bumper that I bought to get fog lamp and washer jet off; if you need any clips or fasteners send a pm.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts