Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found two choice at a affordable price.

400euro for teledial 17inch gta
600 wheels and Tyre for 159TI 18inch replica wheels

The 18inch have been bent and refurbished and welded.

Opinion on the the look... I'm very uncertain.
I like both a lot.

They chance the look on the car in two different way... And I like both.

What is your thought?

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
In my experience, wheels that have been welded can be prone to cracking at the weld, as happened with two Saab wheels that I had 'repaired'.

Regards.
John.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'd go with @johnlear 's comment ... ideally steer (ba da tish!) clear of repaired wheels. Safety is not worth the discounted pricing.

On the aesthetics, the 159 Ti replica wheels look rather good on the 156 (to me). The GTA Teledials have always looked a bit unfinished/fussy to me, especially when compared to the 17" GTV Teledials.

So, if those are your only reasonable choices, I'd go with the GTA Teledials over the Ti replicas, simply because safety. If all else was equal, I'd go Ti replicas as they look better to me.

There. Bet that helped not in the slightest!

Paul

·
Registered
37,972 Posts
The 159 wheels are for the 159 which was more linear looking. There was a 156 Ti wheels?

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Teledials for me (y)

Reactions: Headloq

·
Registered
565 Posts
159 TI wheels have different PCD so this one is a no-brainer.

156 TI alloy wheel;
Quite so ... perhaps OP was using/considering PCD adaptor thingies? I am not at all keen on them myself, but they seem to be an option. I didn't address PCD difference in my first reply simply 'cos adaptors were self-evident as being needed to use 110mm PCD wheels.

Not even sure I like wobble bolts for slight PCD differences (though I do have a set to allow fitment of my 100mm PCD 18" Audi TT-sourced spacesaver spare for my GTV TB which has 330x32 stoppers up front).

159 wheels can work with yon PCD adaptor, but are they really THAT good that you'd use adaptors?

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
464 Posts
159 TI wheels have different PCD so this one is a no-brainer.
The images of the 159 TI wheel, is a copy in 18", with 5*98 PCD that fits the 156. So no PCD changing spacers needed. That said, 18s are too big for a 156.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
After these comments, the wheels do indeed look like 98 pcd ones.
Guess I had no brain working....

Just because something CAN be done doesn't mean it should be done.
That said, I think the spoke design suits the facelifted 156.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I would avoid the welded ones,having had experience of bmw cracked wheels when they are welded you just end up with another crack appearing elsewhere. My old e92 19” rear wheels had 5 welds one side and 4 on the other.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts