Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, i've been pondering this for ages now!! I desperately wanna move house so need to get my head round it & sell the GTV :(

Over the last couple of months i've talked myself into & out of selling it!! Well, on weds I bought the Mrs a 206 2.0 HDi D Turbo. As always for the 1st few days i use it & not her. Mainly to try pick up on anything i may have missed during test drive. Which thankfully there isn't anything!! Been getting 50+mpg & it's "nippy" enough for what it is!!

I've been enjoying watching the fuel gauge hardly move on my usual work commute so that's basically been the last nail in the coffin for my V6!!

I'd originally planned on selling both our alfas & getting a pair of cheap diesels until we've moved & i can start saving for another toy!!

I ended up buying a 2002 Vectra 2.2 SRi 150 from a lad at work last wk, totally random & out of the blue. He was fiddling with his remote key & ended up throwing away the immob chip thinking it was just some loose plastic in the key:eek:

Long story short, he didn't have spare key & couldn't be bothered to sort problem out so we struck a deal waaaaaay too favourable to me :thumbs:

I then was gonna keep the Vectra for myself, sell the GTV & use the cash to go towards moving. Then my mate comes along after buggering up his A3 TDi Quattro asking if i'd sell the Vectra!! which, if i get a good offer I will, which will leave me back in square 1 with what to do for a car. So now i'm thinking of keeping the Mrs's 147 for myself as it's just had 12 months MOT put on it at start of month!!

Either way, the GTV is def getting sold. Just need to do a couple of small jobs which i've already got the parts for, MOT it tehn get it advertized!!

I def will be sad to see it go!! :(

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a nightmare!! i've been using our new 206 HDi since we got it last weds!! Took my GTV out today & once again the car begged me not to sell it!! within a few mins of leaving the house I was thinking "god i love the sound of this engine" & "i love driving this car!!"

I nearly talked myself into keeping it again!! :rolleyes: Then i came to my senses & reminded myself that i more desperatly want to move house so the GTV has to go to help fund the house move!!

Once we have moved house i'll have the fun of looking for a new toy again!! :thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts