Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Decent garages near Peterborough?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Spacecadet 
G
#1 ·
My local garage has lost my trust.

Are there any garages in or very near Peterborough with a known record of dealing with Alfas effectively?

I'm not talking major work, just routine servicing.

Last time I asked this I was pointed at Royston, Northampton and Dunstable. They aren't huge distances, but you can't exactly drop the car of and get a mate to run you in to work in the morning, then repeat at night! It's one weekend to drop off, the next to collect. Maybe for a Cambelt service, but not an oil and filter job.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
General servicing I do my self, always have and not had an issue

More complex stuff I either go up to my folks in Shropshire and let there neighbours son do the work (did his at alfa main dealer )

For mot and the like or emergency work I use Bellamy auto on fengate next to what was TAZ bikes

G
#10 ·
Monarch did the service on my GTA in 2012. Included a AC service and pollen filter change. 2months later, as summer arrived and the cooling AC wasn't really doing as well as a newly service AC system should do, I pulled the pollen filter. Utterly filthy and dated 2006. Monarch had billed for the work and hadn't done it. New filter fitted and all was well again.

They didn't respond to a formal, recorded-delivery, letter of complaint (I checked it was received) and ignored phone calls, only saying they'd "get the manager to call back"

They are properly bent, don't touch them.

Last service was done by Alfaworkshop in Royston which is faster to get to than Autolusso.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.