Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice Group test in Car this month, oh and one with a Pug508 V Giulia Super V Audi A5 V VW Arteon all diesels by the way, pretty much gives it to the 508 which is a nice looking car? hang on did I just say a Peugeot was a nice looking car?, closely followed by the Alfa, I also like the styling of the Arteon, I had a look at that when I thought my chances of an Alfa had gone those many moons ago.

The Alfa must have had some extras on it to reach the "Price as Tested" of £41,285, they also make comment of the new diesel for this year being 10mpg less than the previous 180bhp version although they say the new is 186 and the old was 9 bhp less, thought mine was 180 ;-), the infotainment apparently had the "resolution of a potato", it had "wobbly dials", "narrow doors" and "sticky cup holder cover" which is probably due to some plank spilling his coffee more than build quality...

They did say the Giulia was the only "proper saloon here"...

It's worth a read anyways.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice Group test in Car this month, oh and one with a Pug508 V Giulia Super V Audi A5 V VW Arteon all diesels by the way, pretty much gives it to the 508 which is a nice looking car? hang on did I just say a Peugeot was a nice looking car?, closely followed by the Alfa, I also like the styling of the Arteon, I had a look at that when I thought my chances of an Alfa had gone those many moons ago.

The Alfa must have had some extras on it to reach the "Price as Tested" of £41,285, they also make comment of the new diesel for this year being 10mpg less than the previous 180bhp version although they say the new is 186 and the old was 9 bhp less, thought mine was 180 ;-), the infotainment apparently had the "resolution of a potato", it had "wobbly dials", "narrow doors" and "sticky cup holder cover" which is probably due to some plank spilling his coffee more than build quality...

They did say the Giulia was the only "proper saloon here"...

It's worth a read anyways.
Hi Chris,

haven't read it yet but agree about the resolution of a potato lol

mpg might be due to the new world wide emissions / economy tests which pretty much every car going gets worse results from !!

as for narrow doors etc, isnt that Italian design flair lol

am absolutely loving my Giulia so far - bellisimo :angel:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as for narrow doors etc, isnt that Italian design flair lol

am absolutely loving my Giulia so far - bellisimo :angel:
Agreed, and my wife thought the back was great the one and only time she got into it, she is a shorty though ;-)

As owners we are never going to agree with everything they write in reviews, however we can agree we love our Giulia's :) I'm glad I got my Diesel early then as it's powerful enough, and got me 51.8mpg in D mode on 170 miles down and up the A1 yesterday... deffo 'molto bello e veloce'

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
508 fastback is a nice looking car but not a patch on the giulia dynamically. i have driven the 508 first edition

1 - 5 of 5 Posts