• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to vote to pick the winner (y)

Just a reminder, as with the AO COTY competition this is a fun competition but at the same time members have taken the time & effort to clean their cars, take pics & post them, so similar rules apply.

So please no vote rigging, organised campaigns, use of additional or multiple accounts, coercion, promoting membership for voting purposes or any other method to increase votes for one entrant, against the spirit of the competition.

Members encouraging others to vote for their car will be disqualified, members encouraging others to vote for other entrants may result in that entry being disqualified, so again vote for whichever entry you think deserves to win & let everyone else do the same.

Full list of rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. jparkin486 1 Red Giulietta

Well as I've just finished giving my Giulietta a spruce up I thought I'd throw it in to the December mix.

Pressure washed the road dirt, mud and landfill dirt off. Then a good carpet of Turtle Wax foam wash, then some elbow grease to get all the stuck on stuff off. A quick leather down at the end.

Completed just before the rain arrived!! Light wasn't great for the photos either, very flat.
1 jparkin486 1 Red Giulietta.jpg

1 jparkin486 2 Red Giulietta.jpg

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2. metalgod23 - Blue Giulia

First time entry here.

Pressure washed the car twice over to remove road salt, winter muck and grime.

Sprayed and brushed alloys, calipers with Demon wheel cleaner.

Microfiber mitten wash with Meguiars Nxt generation pH neutral shampoo using two bucket method, grit guards and softened water.

Pressure washed again. Followed by rinsing with 2 buckets of soft water (makes drying a doddle and leave a streak free finish on paint, glass).

Dried with microfiber towels to restore the Gtechniq crystal serum shine.
2 metalgod23 1 Blue Giulia.jpg

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3. keithyboy - Silver Polo

This hasn't been washed since we bought it roughly a month ago and it's been very wet of late so it was absolutely rank.

Rinsed off the heavy crud with snow foam
Washed with microfibre noodle mitts
Dried with a few squirts of aqua wax
Bonnet was given a going over with the clay mitt just to demonstrate the effect, followed by a polish with SRP.
Tyres done with AG instant tyre dressing.

It needs doing properly when time and weather allows but it looks more cheerful than it did.
3 keithyboy 1 Grey Polo.jpg

3 keithyboy 2 Grey Polo.jpg

3 keithyboy 3 Grey Polo.jpg

3 keithyboy 4 Grey Polo.jpg

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's all the entries, get your vote in for whichever entry you think deserves to win (y)

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Thanks for the votes people. Commiserations @jparkin486 , I think its the bins in your pictures that tipped the votes in my favour ;) I am surprised so few people votes given how many members there are. I need to remember to vote more going forward.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Thanks for the votes people. Commiserations @jparkin486 , I think its the bins in your pictures that tipped the votes in my favour ;) I am surprised so few people votes given how many members there are. I need to remember to vote more going forward.
No problems Metalgod23 your Giulia did look good. My pictures were rubbish to be honest. Bins left in as others on here seem to have a fetish about them so was appealing to the "weird" voters :ROFLMAO:

Jparkin486

1 - 11 of 11 Posts