Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Got a question for you.
I am running with a decat pipe, has anyone had any problems with their lambdas as a result? I am getting an engine light come on, I reset it a few times as it has been running ok and the light remained off for a few weeks, however yesterday it came on, I reset it and it came back on about 10 minutes later. (pic attached)

Is the decat likely to be causing this? What are people's experience of running decats?

I am still not sure what is causing my P1141 error code.
The code above (P0136) is a lambda error code, it says it is pending, therefore I guess it is working ok and the ecu has been confused by another sensor somewhere and the maths/curves not matching expected tolerances?

Any comments please as I am currently just resetting it again ad keeping my fingers crossed :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Some thing like a 5 grand fine if you get caught with a De-cat pipe!

Sorry mate not sure you knew that :confused:

Merry Christmas to you :lol:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was running with a decat with no probs up untill a trip to the range last week when a off duty traffic cop with a keen nose tapped on the window and basicly told me get it fixed,by the look on his face i dont think he was impressed with the loverly rasp it made when i booted it up the road neither,
back to standard now as i looked on the net :eek:(up to 5 grand,)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Always thought it was ok as long as it met emission standards :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Alot of sport cats do meet regs,which i think should be fine but ones which are straight through and cost £50 off ebay wont pass at all.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Mine doesn't have a CAT but passes MOT as it is on lpg. Am putting another silencer in it soon tho as its a bit noisy up hills

Sent from my E10i

1 - 10 of 10 Posts