Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probly sounds like a silly one this but here goes... havnt had my 155 long its debadged and i know its a 2.0 8v but its had some mods and was jus wondrin what the equip lvls were for respective models in 94. any help much appreciated, ta
:confused:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What fun! My V6 has all the badges on and it still took me a while to figure out what was going on.

I think the 8v T/S came in regular and "Super" versions... look for any "old bloke" accesories such as wood in the cabin, electric seats and possibly ABS to denote the "Super", but I may be completely wrong. :p :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 94 2ltr 8v isn't badged with anything. I think the Super models came with the later 16valves. Mine has no wood or electric seats or aircon, though the seats are identical to the seats fitted to the 16v super model. It does have ABS, electric sunroof/mirrors/Front windows.

I think Alfa just put various 'extras' on in a random fashion before the 16v, except on the Silverstone which was supposed to be more spartan.

Best thing is to get the chasis number and ask some one on here to check on their parts CD.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A wheel is alright... it's just those little fillets of "wood-effect" I'm not too keen on.

Ralf S.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the Supers all have aircon?

Anyway, it should have all the usual stuff but rear leccy windows were an option as was a sunroof.

Best thing to do is list what you have and then we'll see :)

I'll look in a brochure later, gotta go out in a minute :rolleyes:

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK here goes. elec win front,abs,air con(dont work!), electronic heater console,heated mirrors,funny marble effect trim type stuff. probly could list other stuff but they probly all have it. fiik

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh almost forgot, elec sunroof and finally this must have been an expensive optional extra..... wipers with a mind of their own!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and a funny little italian flag on the cent console and boot

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello all,
Well, here in New Zealand, we had 2 versions only for the 8v cars. They either came with climate air or not. The 'ordinary' cars also came standard with hubcaps instead of alloys. All have the ski hole. You could order alloys instead of the caps, or, aftermarket black 6 spoke ROH wheels with the spoiler as fitted to the 33s. (Silverstone in the UK?) V6 cars came with climate air as standard and 15" alloys. There are not a huge amount of 16v cars in NZ. They all seem to be specd with alloys and climate air and sunroofs. :cool:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Presumably not all supers have air con, because mine doesn't have it. Nor does it have a sunroof. Both these facts are good because I don't like sunroofs and I would never use air con to save on fuel (tight get :D )

It does have electric windows all round and mirrors, abs, and a wooden steering wheel and gear knob. It is fitted with the erratic wipers, which I believe is standard on most 155's :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have the original sales brochure from june 1996. Climate control, electric sunroof were both options (in the UK) for Super or Sport models. Sportspack (colour coded sills, rear spoiler and 16 x 7 wheels) was an option on the Sport only.The Super differs from the Sport by having raised (by 15mm) suspension, 195 x 55 x 15 section tyres, velour upholstery and wooden bits (wheel, gearknob etc) inside. I have observed on my own cars that there is extra soundproofing under the carpet, and black lower edges to front and rear bumpers and 2 x extra (small) speakers just in front of the rear grab handles. This is on the Super. In a previous thread Taz has mentioned the option of active suspension (Super) which is not mentioned in any of the literature I have. I have asked him for more details.

Phil

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you'll find the 2.0litre 8 valve skinny cars and the Supers have the same raised ride height. It was mentioned in another thread talking about ride heights.

Marlon

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"2 x extra (small) speakers just in front of the rear grab handles."...........

Aren't these the ultrasonics?

wrinx

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
They look like speakers so I assumed they were since they are not fitted to my '97 Sport. Maybe there's something missing off the Sport, you never know with Alfa.

Phil

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh no, I'm getting confused agin :( 97 sport? I thought these were 95 models only before the sportspack :confused:

I thought they were little speakers until I realised there was no sound coming out of 'em eek! :rolleyes:

wrinx

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Wrinx, you're right about the speakers not being speakers I went out and had a listen. The 'Sport' was introduced with the widebodies (lower suspension etc) it is listed in the Alfa brochures right up until 1997 when production ceased. My particular one was built in June 97 according to factory records and registered 18/08/97.
I believ there was a Lusso model predating the widebodies. Still does'nt answer why I have'nt got the no speaker speakers though.

Confused Phil

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am now confused, i reckon there are more non specific (custom) models than there are standard.
2.0 16v 1995 (late) widebody, no air con, sunroof, wide weave seat cloth, it not velour anyway, no wood anywhere, 205/50/15 tyres, sport pack spoiler (lowline), the 'speakers' are acutally the ultrasonics for the alarms that dont work, leather momo sterring wheel, and the obvious erratic wipers. its alomost like there was a parts bin, and what ever they picked up got fitted, badges in the console, or was that a owner addition.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is the basic model but not many people own such a car. Most have a sunroof or some other "extra" almost as standard and as the majority of us didn't buy from new we have no idea what was purchased as an extra. There were two coices for spoilers for example and some may have come as dealer pre-reg's with the extra's added as "standard"..........hope this makes sense :confused:

When I bought my twinny there was a virtually identical car on the forecourt but mine had a sunroof and elctric rear windows. They were both owned by Hertz (car rental), were the same age and had the same mileage.......and the same price.

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok bout as clear as mud then! my wheels are different too, alfa wheels but most 155s i see have diffrent alloys to mine. They're 15s and they have 8 holes. i dunno maybe its been modded beyond recognition!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts