Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no idea that the small white stickers came away as the letters all by themselves, I think it looks great. Also took off the t spark and cloverleaf that the enamel had fallen out of. looks very nice and clean.

Hope you like.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Im thinking of debadging my 147, including the 147 badge to really clean up the backside of my car.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks lads, vetch I may yet take the 147 badge off as well, I think with the large chrome exhaust it makes it a little unbalanced towards the left and I'm a big fan of symmetry.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
:thinking: Have you got a photo of it with the badges on so we can compare?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
not on this laptop, there are hundreds on here though in various threads.
Just had a look at someone elses photo - I think you're right about it looking a little unbalanced on the left.

·
Vendor
45,464 Posts
Get rid of the badges - looks much better without any IMO.

Very shiny car, so shiny I can see the Audi that is reflecting off it!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks lads, vetch I may yet take the 147 badge off as well, I think with the large chrome exhaust it makes it a little unbalanced towards the left and I'm a big fan of symmetry.
I think you're right mate, it would look more balanced.

Was it difficult removing the badges??

V

·
0 Posts
If you had put your AO sticker on the right it would have been ok, but now I would say get shot of the 147 badge (we know it's a 147) :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very shiny car, so shiny I can see the Audi that is reflecting off it!
Yup, and that was after just washing it, no waxing involved. :)

Was it difficult removing the badges??
Not at all, on mine they were stuck on with some fairly soft gooey backing, I carefully tweaked them off using my Shell VPower card being careful not to over lever so the edge's didn't bite into the paint.

Then I used hot water on the goo left on the paint and doused my hand in water so my fingernail softened up a bit and scraped it off the paint with my fingernail, they came off fairly easily.

I think because they've been on the car 5 years it could do with a bit of t-cut as their is residue in the shape of the letters that I think is just build up of dirt and discolouration.

If you had put your AO sticker on the right it would have been ok, but now I would say get shot of the 147 badge (we know it's a 147) :)
I think your right, i'll give it the weekend to mull it over and the 147 badge might come as well. I do prefer the ao sticker centred though

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you get them when you join the club. they may also be available in the ao shop if its still open :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick photoshop to show what it would look like without the 147 badge;
Just wanted to say thanks for doing that Bri, only just seen these :)

P.S. Sorry for resurrecting old thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts