Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the cyclists riding 2 abreast through kilwinning town yesterday evening. I hope you catch it.

It was totally unneccesarry, caused a lengthy tailback and inconvienence to other road users and risked the lives of oncoming drivers when the two taxis stuck behind you attempted to squeeze past. Don't just blame them, you have to accept your inconsiderate use of the road is a factor.

That is all :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trouble is it would take gallons of Bug and Sap remover to get the mess off the bonnet.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The road into St Andrews by the Old Course, there is a cycle lane parallel to the road, yet some cyclists insisted on cycling on the main road. It was a busy twisty road, overtaking was impossible, especially on a slow non-turbo diesel Citroen ZX :)

The ones that crack me up are the ones that fly through red lights thinking that they are invincible.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Cyclist in Kilwinning causing bother? Surprised they are still alive. Just a joke, Kilwinning's a lovely place :lol::lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, its a wonderful place to live :lol:

The worst thing for me is that those two idiots signal the beginning of those damn Eglinton bike race days. The next 3 months will see them cycling up and down the bypass and through the town every Sunday causing chaos. But of course, they are in the right, because they are saving the universe :rant:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Not up in Kilwinning area much but can imagine what it will be like with the bike race days. There are loads of good cyclists but you tend not to remember them, only the twonks that upset you

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I live near Canberra - a city that has had the dubious benefit of a great deal of planning. As a result it has the greatest amount of dedicated cycle paths (ie separate from the roads) anywhere in the world. And yet a large number of cyclists insist on using the roads. I suppose they think "what's the use of a cycle path - there are no cars to hold up".

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm an occasional cyclist and the thing I always have in my head is that I really don't want to die doing it. For this reason I avoid right turns at traffic lights unless I know the filter will work in my favour, I don't ride on the footpath (unless nobody else is using it, and strictly for self-preservation reasons). However, there seem to be large numbers of cyclists who either don't understand or don't care that if white van man runs his fully laden LWD Transit over them, it really will hurt. When the happens the driver will usually get the blame.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I don't cycle much but you need to take care of yourself. I am very aware that when on a bike virtually everything is bigger than me and if there's a bump there will be 1 loser. Yes, cyclists have as much right to use the road as everyone else but some common sense doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Yeah, its a wonderful place to live :lol:

The worst thing for me is that those two idiots signal the beginning of those damn Eglinton bike race days. The next 3 months will see them cycling up and down the bypass and through the town every Sunday causing chaos. But of course, they are in the right, because they are saving the universe :rant:
Oh you're a bitter man:p. I think a lot of the anti-cycling rant stuff is the green-eyed monster speaking. There are as many motorists, motor-bikers, pedestrians etc etc that cause just as much chaos as (some) cyclists but they don't get the bile and scorn poured on them that cyclists receive. For what it's worth I can be quite, erm, assetive on the bike, but only because I have to be - if I'm not I'm not noticed because there are a hell of a lot of drivers that can't see past the end of their bonnet.

(I still wouldn't ride two abreast on a busy road though).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Trouble is it would take gallons of Bug and Sap remover to get the mess off the bonnet.
Nah, you can easily remove mushed cyclist from your paintwork if you jetwash the car before the cyclist is dry, and then use AutoGlym intensive tar remover on the stubborn blood and guts. Then just buff as normal. :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh you're a bitter man:p. I think a lot of the anti-cycling rant stuff is the green-eyed monster speaking. There are as many motorists, motor-bikers, pedestrians etc etc that cause just as much chaos as (some) cyclists but they don't get the bile and scorn poured on them that cyclists receive. For what it's worth I can be quite, erm, assetive on the bike, but only because I have to be - if I'm not I'm not noticed because there are a hell of a lot of drivers that can't see past the end of their bonnet.

(I still wouldn't ride two abreast on a busy road though).
No no, I'm equally hateful of all inconsiderate drivers, pedestrians and motorcyclists unless its me, because thats different :lol:

Those two just really riled me. I had to use all my patience and moral guidance not to just run them over :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts