Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At flippin' last!!!

BBC News - Bendy bus makes final journey for Transport for London

Boris might be a floppy haired, sometimes embaressing Tory Toff, but seriously what was Ken thining when he introduced these ridiculous things onto Londons Roads, 18m buses clogging up junctions made a bit of a joke of the congestion charge TBH.

Seriously though But campaigners said they were "the most accessible bus in London" and would be missed by wheelchair users.

Erm, a modern double decker has wheelchair access :confused:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
"Many wheelchair users simply won't travel at the time of the school run, because conflict with pushchair users who won't move is so common"

Doesn't that imply that they have a choice? :confused:

Having experienced a 'school run' bus journey in Manchester, I will be happy if I never experience such an horrific journey again :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I like bendy buses. Especially after a few beers :thumbs:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Many wheelchair users simply won't travel at the time of the school run, because conflict with pushchair users who won't move is so common"

Doesn't that imply that they have a choice? :confused:

Having experienced a 'school run' bus journey in Manchester, I will be happy if I never experience such an horrific journey again :eek: :lol:
I question whether anyone in a wheelchair would be able to get on any kind of bus in rush hour.

Buses are the one form of public transport I won't use in London, expensive and slow. On the occassion things have gone really wrong I have walked instead, much more pleasant and often quicker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts