Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tories are much more of a dishonest sham than anything the labour party can be, and are simply benefitting from the shine and glow that comes from politics unemcumbered by responsibility and reality. And still..........the time comes when even stupid posturing by a nitwit like Hazel Blears is assessed by the media (and even media not as hellbent on making a name for itsself as John Piennar on the bbc) as significant. And when an idiot dancing and grinning inanely on a pin is seen as important...it's time to go.

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ultimately because i think they are fundamentally flawed and constrained (probably because of how they fit into our political system).

and specifically because they never fail to amaze me with the sheer ineptitude and lack of spark amongst their ranks

the two points are linked

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Ultimately because i think they are fundamentally flawed and constrained (probably because of how they fit into our political system).

and specifically because they never fail to amaze me with the sheer ineptitude and lack of spark amongst their ranks

the two points are linked
Have they always been this way?

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
The tories are much more of a dishonest sham than anything the labour party can be, and are simply benefitting from the shine and glow that comes from politics unemcumbered by responsibility and reality. And still..........the time comes when even stupid posturing by a nitwit like Hazel Blears is assessed by the media (and even media not as hellbent on making a name for itsself as John Piennar on the bbc) as significant. And when an idiot dancing and grinning inanely on a pin is seen as important...it's time to go.

You didn't mention that hateful Nick Robinson :mad:

You (sadly) may have a point :(
Only the Murcock newpaper sales have benefited from this whole shambolic affair. Saying that, I tore down 2 BNP posters from my village today which made me feel ultimately........................FANTASTIC! :thumbs: so perhaps things ain't so bad after all.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Are the tories really the worst party? There all as bad as each other!

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
There is "alleggedly " a letter going around Parliment today which is asking MP's to support a petition to get Gordon Brown out as Prime Minister, it's being discussed on SKY News this Morning !!!!!!......

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
BTW......I liked the headline today in one of the papers......" Brown and Out "........very clever, methinks !!!!!......:lol::lol:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
There is "alleggedly " a letter going around Parliment today which is asking MP's to support a petition to get Gordon Brown out as Prime Minister, it's being discussed on SKY News this Morning !!!!!!......
.....and on the beeb this morning too!

In fact 5Live were reporting a 'labour source' saying they would be surprised if Mr Brown was still in power this time next week! :eek:

·
Administrator
45,165 Posts
The problem with a stance of 'I will never vote x', is that it means you are voting on your pre-judged opinion of what a party has always been, not on what that party is now.

Now it may be that the current tory party does match what you hate about them, but to say you will never vote for them reduces the situation so you are no longer making a political decision with your vote, merely an emotional one.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The problem with a stance of 'I will never vote x', is that it means you are voting on your pre-judged opinion of what a party has always been, not on what that party is now.

Now it may be that the current tory party does match what you hate about them, but to say you will never vote for them reduces the situation so you are no longer making a political decision with your vote, merely an emotional one.
+1

If you say that you will never vote for something means you will never probably look to see if you should be voting for them. It makes a mockery of what the democratic system.

·
Registered
926 Posts
It is obvious to all that Gordon Brown will be ousted in a short time,but surely it is the entire party who are at fault-absolutely everything they touch becomes a shambles! I would go so far as to say the entire system now needs to be altered-the much used phrase "They are all as bad as each other" surely indicates that the whole "westminister" culture is wrong.How did the situation ever arise where we have an UNELECTED prime minister pushing through his policies without so much as a nod to democracy? If this happened anywhere else in the world we would call it a dictatorship,and condemn the perpetrators as a "regime". IMO the monster raving loonys couldn't do any worse!!:mad:

·
Registered
37,369 Posts
i'd actually quite like brown to stay on as PM - with him at the helm, the conservatives are virtually guaranteed to win the next election :thumbs:
I think they are virtually guaranteed to win regardless.

Gordon Brown is just the epitome of what is bad about the party.

I will admit to having voted labour in the past (1997), however I think you should vote for the party that you think will do the best at the time.. Plus I feel that after a certain time in power, any political party will be running short of ideas, and has started taking the country along the wrong path. It is then time for change to allow the next government to put the country right again.

BTW, when did a labour government ever leave the country in better shape at the end of its time in power than before they took over?

R

·
0 Posts
You didn't mention that hateful Nick Robinson :mad:

You (sadly) may have a point :(
Only the Murcock newpaper sales have benefited from this whole shambolic affair. Saying that, I tore down 2 BNP posters from my village today which made me feel ultimately........................FANTASTIC! :thumbs: so perhaps things ain't so bad after all.
Very democratic of you to vandalise some campaign posters, considering the British National Party are a legitmate, legal, political party what you are actually saying is its ok to campaign as long as YOU agree with that parties policies otherwise its ok to go around defacing and vandalising their posters, that makes your democracy a farce.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts