Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon All,

The missus' lease on the 208 is up very soon and we have been looking at what to replace it with. We want a slightly bigger car, one that can cope with a small family. Been considering 308 and Mazda 3, both lovely cars and even the Fiat 500X which is keenly priced but we have also not ruled out getting another G as the deals I think are pretty good out there on the Alfa Sales Event

The 1.4MA is the one that springs to mind as the best choice. Realistically I dont think we can afford anything past the distinctive trim, maybe stretch to an exclusive if the deals right. Certainly wouldnt have thought a speciale or QV line is within the price range.

What do you think? Does the Distinctive represent good value for money?

·
Registered
542 Posts
We have just replaced our 208 1.4 HDI with a Business Edition MA TCT. Its a huge step up in quality from the Pug, would never go back. Has it got to be a new car? The Business Edition we have is a Distinctive trim with some nice extras thrown in, ours has Sat Nav, front and rear parking sensors, metallic paint, etc. Its all in on the price of the car and its a lot cheaper than the standard car as its made for fleet. Ours was a managers car at an Alfa dealer with 5k miles and 6 months old. (Still feels new). I don't think this can be bought brand new as a private buyer, but maybe worth looking into?
Here is an example from the dealer we bought ours from:
http://www.variava.com/used-cars/5417327-alfa-romeo-giulietta-tb-multiair-business-edition-tct/

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesnt have to be new, no. But I dont think id be convinced in buying one older than 6 months. I never considered the Business Ed. but i cant imagine there's plenty knocking around.

·
Registered
35,734 Posts
Plenty can have happened to service loan car in half a year of being driven like a rental !
I bought a 147 Q2 that was newer than that and one day spotted the mask line to a rearend repair. Went back to new again the next time.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Arnold Clark had a lot of pre-registered business editions a couple of months back. they also had quite a few sprints too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm changing jobs at the end of the month where I get a company car which means I'll be selling a just one year old 1.4 MA TCT for a really good price.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
If going for a Giulietta I'd go with pre-registered. You'd be surprised how many nearly new ones are kicking about at the dealers and it saves thousands in depreciation. The long-term depreciation (4-5 years) on Alfa's isn't as savage as it's made out to be or previously was, but the first 6-12 months can be nasty unless you get a very good deal.

If you were going down the brand new route I would look elsewhere at the moment as Alfa are rumoured to be doing another facelift on the Giulietta in a couple of months, and that might knock the older cars values a bit further.

There are some very keen prices on 15 & 65 plate Fiat 500X's at the moment - from £13,000 for a 1.4 MultiAir (140) PopStar and not a massive amount more for the more rugged looking Cross spec. I know less about the 308 & Mazda but I should imagine the Mazda would make the strongest financial sense if you decided to buy brand new.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Motorpoint.co.uk have a load new sub 15k
They even have a brand new bottom of the range G for under 12k alfa red too

·
Registered
542 Posts
I did look at these, but the spec was different to standard and had my worries these were imports? From what I've read, this can affect warranty, etc? Reading reviews of the company, they have sold imports to customers before and people have ended up with all sorts of problems including higher insurance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fact of the matter is I would never ever buy another car of Arnold Shark, irrelevant of the price. Too many negative experiences with them. Same goes for the Motorpoint group as well unfortunately, heard too many bad things about them and my Old Mans had plenty of trouble with his Honda Jazz. With AR still having their 3rd year of warranty covered by the dealerships, sometimes an amazing deal can up just not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Drive The Deal can get you a brand new factory order G for circa £15k..................

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just checked the website, they do PCPs

Don't know how part X works with them though
That's ok, wouldn't be p/x anyway as there isnt enough value in her car. Works out better to hand it back than buy it out.

Il give it a go later, but just a quick one since I've never used it before. How much personal detail does the website ask for? Trying to avoid credit checks as I've had a lot recently with re-mortgaging and settlement figures for both cars.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I didnt think Drive the Deal did finance/PCP, or am I wrong?
Yep you're wrong :smile:, Drive the Deal do do PCP deals. You can request a PCP quote via the website, but I think you are limited on how many you can have.

If it helps, all Drive the Deal do is put you in touch with a dealer, so you get all the usual dealer facilities excluding part ex, but even then I have heard of people talking directly to the dealer once they have been referred by DTD and been able to get part ex as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but even then I have heard of people talking directly to the dealer once they have been referred by DTD and been able to get part ex as well.
Seems plausible. I was told once that dealers prefer a p/x buyer over cash buyer as they can make more money out of it (usually)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did look at these, but the spec was different to standard and had my worries these were imports? From what I've read, this can affect warranty, etc? Reading reviews of the company, they have sold imports to customers before and people have ended up with all sorts of problems including higher insurance.
I bought one of the Motorpoint cars (a MA Exclusive TCT) with delivery mileage (in my case 7 which included my test drive). It isn't an import and other than being registered earlier in 2015 is effectively a brand new car. The previous registered keeper on the V5 is Fiat Chrysler UK.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
carwow.co.uk might be worth a punt as well :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I didnt think Drive the Deal did finance/PCP, or am I wrong?
I got my GQV through drive the deal (£7k off) AND a 0% PCP deal on it. Only reason I placed an order!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That's ok, wouldn't be p/x anyway as there isnt enough value in her car. Works out better to hand it back than buy it out.

Il give it a go later, but just a quick one since I've never used it before. How much personal detail does the website ask for? Trying to avoid credit checks as I've had a lot recently with re-mortgaging and settlement figures for both cars.
I was in exactly the same position re: credit checks. First and only credit check is when you decide to buy the car and apply for the credit from Alfa's credit arm. No other credit footprint is left :thumbup:

Reactions: Aphex
1 - 20 of 21 Posts