Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there an easy way to determine what stock(new) is available across all the 20+ dealers in SA?

I mean, you can call CMH, and they can check what floor stock that they have in the group, but there are a lot of non-CMH dealers.

And then...does FIAT SA keep their own stock(which the dealers then buy from?)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Hi mate, ive guess you also want a GQV...o wanted white with 18's and a wish would be xenons. But this seems to be a combination thats impossible to find!

Alfa keeps the cars at the Roslyn plant, these are cars waiting for other cars on dealers' floors to be sold.

The cars at Roslyn are pre-spec'd from the factory, meaning how the car looks is how it looks, some will have a sunroof and no full leather, while you'll find a 1.4 MA with full leather in red, which does not make sense.

They have found a white car for me with 18's and xenons but they wanted to charge me 370 k as they thought I'm stupid...its really the luck of the draw with these dealers.

I cant wait for them to get new stock as my GTi's km is very high now, so i want to flog it before i becomes so high that i cannot get it sold.

I, hearing today if my finance has been approved for the white one then ill probably go fetch it Saturday.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'm not sure what systems Alfa Romeo have in place.
At Audi / VW there are actually two systems you can see all the stock in the country.
Now the thing is cars that are at other dealers is the property of that dealer and they won't always pass it on to another dealer to sell, especially not if it a popular spec that is hard to find.

Keep in mind that (just like Audis) all Alfa Romeo's are fully imported,
So its not like BMW for instance that the cars are produced here and they can quickly put toigether a car to your specs.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ja, I know that they keep stock of certain more common combinations, and then if you spec it, then it is ordered from factory in Italy and you wait...

But the stock thing is my question, because according to my dealer there is hardly any stock of anything, and the dealer has told me that "no dealership with a roof has stock"(of what i'm after)...whatever this means. So it seems that they can check across dealers, but wouldn't trust this as they are probably trying to push stock within their group (CMH for example). This is also not good, because i'm asking for a stock MQV Sport, they should have some stock of this by now.

I also wonder if my dealer checks this stock at Rosslyn. Anyway, I have asked the stock question to more than one dealer, and will see if I get the same answer back from all of them.

I actually want a Mito QV sport new or a GQV demo/2nd hand. I am willing to settle for a stock standard Mito QV sport because it has sufficient spec levels, but only in certain colours, and this seems not available.

I may spec the Mito specifically and wait 6 months, but my issue is that the dealer is offering a seriously **** trade in value, and is also unwilling to give me an estimate trade in value(based on an assumed mileage) that I will get in 6 months time when the new car arrives(so they can basically just nail me when trade in time comes), so I am selling it privately, and now someone wants it, but if i sell it, I need to pick up a new MQV quite quickly, or make another plan like rent a cheap dodgy car for 6 months while I wait, I will lose less this way then actually trading it in.

Other option is to drive it to JHB and trade it in there because they are offering a much better trade in.

Seriously, why do we still drive this brand, effing Italians got a spell on us.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just as I thought, you get different stock feedback from different dealers, even though they look at one common system which shows stock from across dealers and at Rosslyn. It seems some dealers have their "own" stock which doesn't reflect on the system.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I spoke to Darryl, they used to have a QV Sport in white, think they were one of the first to have one, but it sold. He knows of one other White QV sport in some far out place, can't remember where, which is off books(doesn't show on the FIAT stock system.), which he can arrange, so that is an option.

I ultimately wanted an Alfa Red(the same reason why I have not bought one all along, because Alfa red was not available, it is now though with MY2012), but there is no stock of this.

Anyway, I am looking for a deal to offset the bad trade in of the Brera, so we'll see what Chatz comes up with after MasterP spoke to them. If they can give me a good deal, then I might just go big with GQV.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
This is my issue too amd ive told Chatelle...

I want white, 18's...xenons amd leather not so much of a gripe.

There was/is a white one with 18's at Roslyn...the dealership was going to call me but never dod.

If the red gqv dpes not have 18's and cant get 18's then il
Be hardpressed to buy a car for R350k with 17's....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guili. Lus for a drive back from Somerset Wes?

Don't know why you are so phased about the Xenons, it does come standard with LED daytime lights. Just get one of those multicoloured underbody pulse lights and no one will notice you don't have xenons:lol:

P

·
0 Posts
No the issue is the DRL's are white and the non xenon globes are yellow making it look a little odd at night. See a few UK blokes are swopping the globes for Osram and Phillips globes that are whiter and looks like Xenons and matches the DRL's colour better.

Got out of the GTA tonight and straight into the Giulietta. The Xenons makes a world of difference. Its like a Maglite compared to a candle... The GTA is equipped with Xenons and the Giulietta not. So I understand Guili's obsession. My 8 year old car has better lights than my 1 year old car :cheese:

The 4C I will definitely order with Xenons....

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Zeff theyll call me today wrt that white GQV DEMO...APARENTLY IT WAS SOLD AND THEN NOT SOLD.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Obviously a dealer won't tell you if a another dealer have stock of what you want and know that dealer won't release the car to them.
I must say colour is somthing that bugged me before but doesn't anymore, you'll see no matter what colour you choose, after a few months you will actually like it.

With regards to trade in prices you can give me the car's details and see what it is worth in the notor trade up here. Its just that Alfa's are not easy to get good prices on.
Keep in mind book values drop all the time, dealers have no idea how much a certain car's value will drop with. Plus the popularity of certain cars change almost over night and the dealer won't be able to forcast that.

Sjoe, 6 months for an order? Audi's are usually around 3-4 months and are also build in Germany.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Trust me, once you had Xenon's nothing else will do (except full LED headlights).
And the 156's Xenon's are not close to as good as say the new generation of VW / Audis's, so asume the new Giulietta's Xenons should be even beter than the 156 Gta.

Plus as pointed out, the difference in colour of the lights really looks odd.
I remember with the Cupra that the foglights looked very yellow compared to the Xenon's. Different foglight globes does the trick there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I must say colour is somthing that bugged me before but doesn't anymore, you'll see no matter what colour you choose, after a few months you will actually like it.

With regards to trade in prices you can give me the car's details and see what it is worth in the notor trade up here.
Sure, I am partial to this theory, unless it is some ridiculous colour like purple. Thanks I will PM you the details. It's 4-6 months, so with the Italians I assume worst case scenario..."ah it's ok-a, no problem...we do it tomorrow!"

Trust me, once you had Xenon's nothing else will do (except full LED headlights).
Sure, this is the same case with most nicer-than-normal kit, once you've had it, you don't want to go back...so maybe I should stick to non-xenons for that very reason...willfull ignorance :lol:

No the issue is the DRL's are white and the non xenon globes are yellow making it look a little odd at night.
Sure, OK, I can understand this, I wasn't aware that the LED lights stayed on at night when the headlamps were on...this will look a bit weird, like part of your headlight is failing. I suppose it can be justified as a safety thing as well, because you can see more and more clearly

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, Finally I'm getting some good options that I can work with thanks to MasterP and Perreby, shot okes. Based on what I can get from JHB, Durban dealers are really bad.

Hatfield is one up on Chatz surprisingly, because Chatz will settle Brera, but only if I take from stock, and Hatfield will settle even if I order new.

So much of decisions...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Im not taking one, will try sell GTI. Privately and then go from there...

Its been a long ass week struggling to find what i want...

Wife started working today so ill rather buy her a car instead

1 - 20 of 26 Posts