Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone able to recommend a good dealer to look at my Giulia QV for warranty repair work based in or around the Midlands area?

Currently have a fault code stating low fuel pressure and seems to be the fuel pump. Having read of a few owners terrible experiences with AR dealers/aftercare support I want the issue fixed swiftly and efficiently by someone well regarded and recommended.

Before anyone says Beechdale I have already rang them up and they are not able to get me in until mid April! Not good enough to expect customer with a 70k car to wait around an entire month for their car to be fixed. It's now booked in with a nearby dealer who I know nothing about Research Garage Nuneaton. They seemed efficient enough over the phone and managed to get me a booking fairly quickly but have no idea how much experience they have had with working on a QV.

Any recommendations would therefore be appreciated

·
Registered
442 Posts
ASRman Would you mind if I piggyback your thread at all? I'm looking for the same thing ie a good dealer in the Midlands. It saves another thread.

Chris Variava sold out and now Stone Acre don't support Alfa Warranty claims.

I appear to have corrosion issues with my wheel hub centre caps and potentially one of my alloys, even though I have zero Kerb damage etc on any of my wheels.

Derby can fit me in, but will charge me for the technicians time if it doesn't end up in a valid warranty claim. Is that standard practice? Really?!

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ASRman Would you mind if I piggyback your thread at all? I'm looking for the same thing ie a good dealer in the Midlands. It saves another thread.

Chris Variava sold out and now Stone Acre don't support Alfa Warranty claims.

I appear to have corrosion issues with my wheel hub centre caps and potentially one of my alloys, even though I have zero Kerb damage etc on any of my wheels.

Derby can fit me in, but will charge me for the technicians time if it doesn't end up in a valid warranty claim. Is that standard practice? Really?!

Cheers

You certainly can do mate.

To be honest this is one of the main aspects that put me off buying the Giulia QV in the first place, lack of dealer support infrastructure and just not a big enough community to be able to ask questions such as these and get fast efficient responses. My car is at Research Garage in Nuneaton as we speak and it certainly was somewhat concerning handing my car over to a garage that primarily deals with Fiat Abarths etc. Nothing against those cars but the QV is just a different calibre and deserves special attention. I will continue to hold my breath and hope they deal with the issue in an efficient manner but I am almost expecting to be disappointed.

As I mentioned I have heard good things about Beechdale in Derbyshire and whilst the gentleman I spoke to on the phone was polite enough they could not manage to get my car in until mid April which is just unacceptable in my opinion. To think if my car had some serious major issue meaning I could no longer drive it I would have to wait that long just to get the car in to be looked at initially.

If anyone else is able to chime in on this and recommend any other garages in the Midlands area that would be fantastic.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

Maybe a bit far south for you, but Motorvogue in Northampton have been good so far with servicing and warranty claims on my quad.

Re the wheel hub corrosion, I have this too. I'm not clear if this will be accepted as a warranty claim, but if it is this bad in under 2 years (this was taken 4 months ago when I changed tyres), I dread to think what it will look like after 4 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts

Maybe a bit far south for you, but Motorvogue in Northampton have been good so far with servicing and warranty claims on my quad.

Re the wheel hub corrosion, I have this too. I'm not clear if this will be accepted as a warranty claim, but if it is this bad in under 2 years (this was taken 4 months ago when I changed tyres), I dread to think what it will look like after 4 years.
Apologies if I used the incorrect terminology, I mean the Alfa logo caps that are inserted into the alloy wheels.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys update on Research Garage Nuneaton...

I'm impressed! Pleasantly surprised they called back within the span of a couple of hours of dropping the car off. The issue was a turbo charge bypass valve had become loose, they reconnected and pressure tested the entire system and no other fault codes. Will wait and see if this fixes the issue long term but regardless I am very happy with their service today. Did not even charge me on the courtesy car.

Research Garage Nuneaton gets a nod from me, will happily use them again.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ok guys update on Research Garage Nuneaton...

I'm impressed! Pleasantly surprised they called back within the span of a couple of hours of dropping the car off. The issue was a turbo charge bypass valve had become loose, they reconnected and pressure tested the entire system and no other fault codes. Will wait and see if this fixes the issue long term but regardless I am very happy with their service today. Did not even charge me on the courtesy car.

Research Garage Nuneaton gets a nod from me, will happily use them again.
Good result touch wood!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Just so you know, only techs specially trained on the Quadrifoglio are allowed to work on them so as long as the dealer is an Alfa dealer/service centre, even if they are predominantly a Fiat showroom, then there's no need to worry.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My QF has been serviced by Sturgess, I left my dashcam running (they didnt know). they cut corners and extracted the oil from the top, I'm not sure they replaced the air filter, it was difficult to see as the bonnet was open. I've also got a tracker and they worked on the car for about 50 minutes. Call me paranoid but just doesn't seem right. They also didn't cover the seat and steering wheel and they were dirty when I collected the car.

I also asked them about the scuttle and they refused to replace it saying there was no bulletin, they also wont acknowledge the spring replacement bulletin. Anway, my next service I'm going to Chesterfield as I've heard so many good things. I'm moving back to N.Wales soon and if Stoneacre impress me then I'll still take my car there even though it's a 2 hour drive.

I've had so much sh** in the past with dealers ducking & diving warranty claims I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I just want to trust somebody it's not hard is it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
My QF has been serviced by Sturgess, I left my dashcam running (they didnt know). they cut corners and extracted the oil from the top, I'm not sure they replaced the air filter, it was difficult to see as the bonnet was open. I've also got a tracker and they worked on the car for about 50 minutes. Call me paranoid but just doesn't seem right. They also didn't cover the seat and steering wheel and they were dirty when I collected the car.

I also asked them about the scuttle and they refused to replace it saying there was no bulletin, they also wont acknowledge the spring replacement bulletin. Anway, my next service I'm going to Chesterfield as I've heard so many good things. I'm moving back to N.Wales soon and if Stoneacre impress me then I'll still take my car there even though it's a 2 hour drive.

I've had so much sh** in the past with dealers ducking & diving warranty claims I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I just want to trust somebody it's not hard is it.
What was the spring replacement bulletin?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have aways used Motorvogue in Northampton, apart from trying to park there i have never had a problem.
From my personal experiences with MV Northampton I cannot recommend them and would even go as far to say they are the worst dealer I have dealt with ever.

They had my QV twice and both times it was in their work shop for a month.

First time was to replace the scuttle and they found water damage to the loom and an ECU and couldn't get the replacement unit to work with the car.

Second time was to have a replacement light, door seal and a rattle checked, they did not contact me for more than 4 weeks with an update, even after I raised a complaint with AR. They replaced the whole diff to fix the rattle but the rattle is still there and when I finally lost my rag and chased them they were doing something to the brakes which I hadn't reported any issue with.

Ian the "service manager" there didn't seem to know or care about this level of service and was trying to argue that I lived too far away to deliver the car back when I demanded this.

On top of this the front left wheel arch liner was damaged and bodged back onto the car so its now gotta go in again to get that replaced.

I will not be using them again.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Shame about Motorvogue as I think I might've recommended them following my own difficult encounters with Unity Oxford and TH White (now Johnsons) Swindon. From my experience they were better than either of the other two. I did get a bit annoyed at the repeat trips for diagnosis and then fitting of new parts, but I guessed that was as much to do with slow parts delivery (something I've encountered on a number of occasions with Fiat/Alfa across several dealerships) as it was the dealer themselves.

Not to detract from your experience as it does sound like a bit of a shocker but I'm concerned that you left your car with them for over four weeks with no update and make no mention of you trying to contact them. Did they really not return your calls for over four weeks?! :confused:

If I'm honest I wouldn't expect them to deliver a car back to Oxfordshire either. The journey from here is an utter ballache, but it's the customers choice to use a dealer that's further away, albeit because our nearer ones are ropey. In the end I resigned myself to the fact that it was too much aggro with the ongoing problems I had with the Giulietta and that's why I got rid, as I couldn't be arsed to keep taking time off work and leaving early to drop-off and collect the thing. I'm hoping TH White will improve under Johnsons as I would like another Alfa at some point if they ever launch a new Giulietta or similar. Their Solihull dealership was always v good to me, though they're again far from local and I don't know if I could commit to Alfa ownership off the back of the dealer experiences/journeys i had recently :(

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Not to detract from your experience as it does sound like a bit of a shocker but I'm concerned that you left your car with them for over four weeks with no update and make no mention of you trying to contact them. Did they really not return your calls for over four weeks?! :confused:

If I'm honest I wouldn't expect them to deliver a car back to Oxfordshire either.
They called me the day I took the car in to say they had ordered parts and they would take a week to arrive and they would contact me once they were fitted. No further contact after that.

Tried to call them a couple of times but the phone just rang and rang. Contacted AR customer service to complain, they attempted to contact MV Northampton and they also reported nobody answering the phone.

Normally I wouldn't expect a dealer to deliver a car that far but I would expect them to go the extra mile when they had already provided awful service.

·
Premium Member
42,814 Posts
Is anyone able to recommend a good dealer to look at my Giulia QV for warranty repair work based in or around the Midlands area?

Yes, I would recommend Beechdale at Derby :thumbs:

Before anyone says Beechdale I have already rang them up and they are not able to get me in until mid April! Not good enough to expect customer with a 70k car to wait around an entire month for their car to be fixed.

Frustrating as it is, the flip side of this situation is a dealership that is highly thought of and has many returning satisfied customers. I don't know how they operate their service booking calendar, but I'm guessing they don't leave vacant slots open for a 'maybe' customer phoning up for a warranty claim etc.

Good to hear you've got your problem sorted :thumbs:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm sorry I completely disagree. I don't think there is a flip side in fact. For clarity, I rang up as an 'actual' customer, rather than a 'maybe' customer as you like to suggest. I have nothing against Beechdale, I am fully aware of their good reputation, indeed it is the very reason I chose to consult them in the first place. Irrespective of their service booking calender, priority, schedule whatever you want to call it, not having a slot available with or without a courtesy car for an 'actual' customer with an 'actual' problem with their car, for me, was not good enough. Hence the reason for sharing my experience. Hopefully you did not take my post as an unreasonable tarnish attempt on Beechdale as that was not my intention, although I am more than entitled to share my experience and opinions. Indeed that is the very purpose of this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
And here in lies the problem. One persons great experience is countered by someones not so great experience. Unfortunately, the key to great customer service is not about focusing on the good stuff, because great service is suppose to be a given. The bad stuff is what we as consumers need to raise, what the dealers need to address and what FCA need to eliminate. For the record, mid April is not good enough for a fuel pump fault on a 70k car. It should be seen immediately to eliminate any safety issues there may or may not be given it is a fuel system problem. Doctors differ, patients die. Not good enough anymore.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts