Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I've been getting some strange noises from my Brera and want someone to look at it.
I live in Cambridge, I'm the 2nd owner but the car is only 18 months old, I've been told its still within Alfa warranty. Is this true, and if so the closest Alfa dealer i can see is "Desira Bury St. Edmunds" does anyone know if they are any good?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22,305 Posts
Yup should be still covered by Alfa warranty.

Sorry i don't know anything about Desira but i hope you get it sorted ok:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi FootnMouth

I'm also in Cambridge and have V6S - let me know what your noises are and i may be able to assist

You're in the middle of Desire at Bury or Donalds at Peterborough - I use Interservice, an independant in Leicester if that helps

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've booked it in for next Monday, apparently I get to drive a fiat 500 for a day or two (woot).

I have noises and steering wheel judder when I'm close to full lock.
I also have a squealing noise which spins up with the engine and slows down at a different rate, it sounds like a belt may be rubbing against something.
It is louder in the morning when i start up and its cold but it happens constantly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi FootnMouth,

(Its stu, blue 156 from the christmast meet),

I had a brand new Mito as a company car from Desira in Bury. I'd had the car for 3 months and when washing it, the passenger side wing mirror fell off in my hand. There were no signs of external damage at all (ie, a knock from another car etc), however they would not under any circumstances entertain a warranty claim. OK, fair enough, company car, so I'm not paying anyway. I get the call saying the mirror would arrive on the monday, drop the car in first thing and have a courtesy car for the day. Arrive on the monday, no courtesy car. Had to get a colleague to pick me up from there. THEN, I get a call later in the day - The mirror hasn't arrived. Ended up picking up the mirror two days later and getting a local garage to fit it.

Maybe just poor service on that occasion, I don't know. Hope its nothing too serious anyways.

Stu

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok...

Well, problem apparently was the power steering fluid being too thin... so they replaced that and the power steering fluid reservoir....

Dealership was fast to get me in and out which was good as I was late for work, they did the work the same day which was good.
Lost about 1/8 of a tank of petrol which seems a lot for testing power steering.
But all in all happy.

Now onto the bad news,
The car they gave me to drive, sadly the alfa they use for that was out apparently, so I ended up with a Fiat Punto Evo. Don't let the name fool you It is quite simply the most god awful car I've ever had the miss-pleasure of driving.
Going down the A14 the steering was so bad I actually felt I did better when I closed my eyes took my hands off the wheel and spoke to the all mighty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a damaged wheel liner and associated front mud flap last week - popped over to Alfasport at Sawston ( south cambridge )

Parts ordered without the need for a deposit and car was taken into the workshop without any waiting around - I felt like a VIP

Excellent service - would recommend them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts