Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Praise where it's due to the above dealers who've sorted out warranty issues on my new Spider over the last few days (rocking seat, loose gear lever & failed security system/steering lock).

Nothing over and above the call of duty but pleasant, swift service that solved the problems.

Makes a change from a lot of the c**p thrown about them on these pages.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Good to hear K3, mine is in for the hood fixing and glow plugs being replaced over the weekend - hopefully will be as painless as your experience!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great - do I have the joys of these things to look forward to ? So far the engine and hood are the only real problem free things.

Still a great car though :inlove:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Glow plugs are apparently a very common problem on the 2.4 - hood problem isnt the end of the world (one of the catches at the back keeps 'popping' open on bumpy surfaces), meaning the computer chucks a wobbler and you cant get in the boot until you raise and lower the rear screen.

Hopefully will be an easy fix!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Faults on two nearly new Spiders :mad: Come on Alfa and Portbury docks :eek:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be fair seat developed a rocking motion after c.500 miles, gear lever came loose at 1,000 miles and steering lock failed at 3,000 miles so I don't put these down to poor PDI.

Annoying - slightly
Dealt with - yes
Sour taste - not a chance (yet !)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts