Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting pretty upset with my dealer. I've ordered my MiTo back in October, and have been told that lead time is about 12 weeks (and usually much less than that - was added)..
I've been calling Alfa regularly asking about current order status... and always been told that that if the status changes - they will call be back!.. (they never did)
Last week after calling them again - I've been told that the delivery to the dealership is set for the 28th this month - though they will call me if anything changes.
I've called them today again.. and been told that the delivery TO UK IS SET FOR 2nd of FEB!!! AND IT WILL TAKE ANOTHER UP TO 21 DAYS FOR CAR TO BE DELIVERED TO THE DEALERSHIP!!!!! :rant::rant::rant: :wow: I MEAN... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?? :mad::mad:

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Ask if the vehicle is at Portbury Docks, then ask why the delay as it is normaly approx 10 to 14 days delivery to the dealer from there.
I suspect it could have been damaged in transit or at Portbury and buying time to repair.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Sorry to hear you've been messed around a bit. Hopefully when you finally have your hands on the car by the end of Feb it'll have been worth it :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I pretty much got the same with my dealer, kept on being told different things and always told someone would call me back but they never did, I complained and spoke to the manager who got on top of things for me and I got my car in 4 weeks from time of order, but then again my car in the spec I wanted was already factory built.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deposit was paid back in October.. And yes my car had to be build, but its not an excuse for giving me misleading information. Not mentioning the ignorance.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
deposit was paid back in October.. And yes my car had to be build, but its not an excuse for giving me misleading information. Not mentioning the ignorance.
So your gonna have to wait nearly 5 months for your car? :wow:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I think the reason he didn't call you for a week after telling you the initial delivery date could be because the dealer was genuinely scared that you might get angry and complain, or at worse cancel your order.. I can imagine lots of dealers being too scared to call the customer. I'm not saying this is a reason not to keep your promise of calling about ANY info

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i waited 5 months for mine but mine wasnt actually built til january as i ordered before they were released...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thats not good. I know how it feels when you're waiting for somethin! If you've waited this long, why not get it registered as a '10 Plate. up to 21 days will see out most of Feb?

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
This seems to be a common problem with Alfa Romeo dealers unfortunately. I had a similar issue. I didn't wait as long as you, but it was a fair wait with a complete lack of communication. Disappointing when the Alfa dealers seemed to pride themselves on the purchase experience.

I must add, however, that I went through two sales people when I ordered my car. The first guy was useless, but I had much more luck with the second sales guy.

I would also like to add this - Even though some of the whole process was a little lacking, I am still impressed that Alfa try to make you feel special when you pick the car up. By this I mean having the car covered in the red Alfa Romeo cloth and unveiling your car. Also, the welcome pack with a neat Alfa Romeo book. Ford etc certainly don't do that!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I am still impressed that Alfa try to make you feel special when you pick the car up. By this I mean having the car covered in the red Alfa Romeo cloth and unveiling your car. Also, the welcome pack with a neat Alfa Romeo book. Ford etc certainly don't do that!
I didn't get any special collection treatment or unveiling :( Wasn't too bothered though, quicker I could whisk off into the sunset in my new motor, the better!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I thought that was a standard thing with Alfa...obviously not!
So did I. Was a bit surprised that my car was just sitting in the forecourt ready to be driven away, like I say not too bothered :p I did get the book though which was interesting.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Have to say i would not be happy about that sort of time , i would be banging on the desk asking for my deposit back or a written delivery date from them !
I does not matter whose fault it is, no one surely can ask you to wait that long for a car......
i take it it's not being gold plated...lol
good luck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts