Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few weeks my spider has been having some warranty work done to it that wasnt done before i picked it up, suffice to say it is almost A1 condition. But there is one piece of the car missing which the dealer says he is having trouble to sourse, the fuse box cover. The guy who sold me the car said Alfa UK have none, Alfa Italy have none so he says ill have to wait until Alfa Italy make some, which could be a while he says as its a rare part to be replaced and due to this I would have to wait for Alfa Italy to make a new batch. Is this rubbish? He said he is searching other sources but unsuccessful as yet... I will keep at him until I get one.

Jay

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why pay half price when i can get it for free? its covered under the warranty dude

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Sounds entirely plausible... Alfa's aren't the commonest cars in the UK so parts would have to come from the mother country if not held locally.

Also most of Italy go on holiday for August so any UK stocks may have run down this month.

Try an Indy like EBspares or Alfaworkshop if you don't trust your dealer to see if they give the same story. Then go back to your dealer.

S

·
0 Posts
Try to source one for yourself, there are always plenty of GTVs breaking on E-Bay. GTV and Spider have same fuse box cover.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have managed to find one, will contact the dealer tomorrow to get him to pay for it. hopefully it will be reasonable condition, ive been told it is

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the plot thickens, spoken to ebspares who say alfa have them in stock, gona speak to the dealer tomorrow to find out whats going on...

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Hmmm be a bit wary, I have bought stuff from eb spares before and found their service to be nothing but exemplary, but i have also been told that certain things can only be got from alfa direct, wasnt true on both occasions and also been told that alfa didnt have something in stock, when they did, and then told they did have something in stock and alfa themselves confirmed that they havent stocked them for years.......just make sure you dont cut your nose off etc..etc..etc..

A

·
0 Posts
Sounds highly likely to me - i have had loads of trouble getting parts in the past

1 - 12 of 12 Posts