Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi there,

I was just wondering where you got ur pipe from and how much, as i need one for my v6 soon.

Do you have a sound clip if possible

cheers

Richard

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
did you notice any power gains while driving with the decat? and how much more noise is there compaired to the cat being in?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was a 'freeby' from a guy clearing His garage :thumbs:

No sound clip, what did you want, a recording from zorst end?

Have only been forra quick spin (in rush hour:lol: ), so will report back power / noise wise wise

Seems to rev more freely & already having a CDA fitted I am already quite noisy, so hard to tell from within the car

I need some-one to drive by me in my car, but am the only license holder in the house :p

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Are the holes the bolts go through, threaded or plain holes?

Was going to hacksaw through the head as it looks like it will round off it is so rusty.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks cool fella :thumbs:

I have been thinking of getting one for my twinny :)

Im just worried about the MOT though, is it easy just to put the old one back on?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the holes the bolts go through, threaded or plain holes?

Was going to hacksaw through the head as it looks like it will round off it is so rusty.
Plain holes - basically the 'studs' in the old cat are replaced with bolts to fix the new one (should have fitted stainless ones, but used what I had 'in stock') - hence me tackling the nuts in the way I did to save the studs :D

Looks cool fella :thumbs:

I have been thinking of getting one for my twinny :)

Im just worried about the MOT though, is it easy just to put the old one back on?
Fanks mate :D - yup easy enough to put the old one back once a year assuming the studs are OK - I guess would need doing earlyish to clear out the old cat or find a 'dodgy' MOT tester :lol:

BTW - deffo some more 'oomph' now :thumbs: - found out my brakes need bleeding on my second run tonight :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fanks mate :D - yup easy enough to put the old one back once a year assuming the studs are OK - I guess would need doing earlyish to clear out the old cat or find a 'dodgy' MOT tester :lol:

BTW - deffo some more 'oomph' now :thumbs: - found out my brakes need bleeding on my second run tonight :lol:
I now just have to find one for my car now, let the search commence :).

One more question though, how much diid it cost you mate if you dont mind me asking?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ nuffink apart from petrol money :lol: - a guy was clearing his garage out :thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ nuffink apart from petrol money :lol: - a guy was clearing his garage out :thumbs:
Lucky :):)

You wouldn't know where to get one from would ya?

Just looked on Gazzella and Alfisti shop and no luck :(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lucky yeah :) - wasn't planning to fit one of these, but you gotta take lifes 'ops' eh :D

Confession - I know nothing about 147's or twinnies really - but looks like it 'does what is says on the tin' :thumbs:
Only difference I can see is that it has 'twin' hangers, so you would prolly need another exhaust suspension rubber :)

BTW is yer Mum still outside with the hosepipe while you are sourcing de-cats? :cheese:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lucky yeah :) - wasn't planning to fit one of these, but you gotta take lifes 'ops' eh :D

Confession - I know nothing about 147's or twinnies really - but looks like it 'does what is says on the tin' :thumbs:
Only difference I can see is that it has 'twin' hangers, so you would prolly need another exhaust suspension rubber :)

BTW is yer Mum still outside with the hosepipe while you are sourcing de-cats? :cheese:
Ok fella, cheers for your helo matey :thumbs:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^no problemo - shame you are so far away, would be happy to fit one for ya :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^no problemo - shame you are so far away, would be happy to fit one for ya :)
I now have all the free time in the world, I could always come up 1 day and go home the next?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you want fella - Mi Casa es su Casa (sorry don't do Italian :eek: ) to Alfisti :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you want fella - Mi Casa es su Casa (sorry don't do Italian :eek: ) to Alfisti :D
:lol: :lol:

I'll see if I can find one then, the supersprint is rather expensive sadly :(:(

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I went in a friends V6 with decat, superchiped and K & N it was a rush along the straight road I was very amazed. It went straight up to 110 mph :eek:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:lol: :lol:

I'll see if I can find one then, the supersprint is rather expensive sadly :(:(

Anytime fella :) - at the end of the day it is just a tube of steel not worth paying silly money for ;) - bide yer time - (like the CDA you want) :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts