Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if discussed previously but I wish to remove the 156 and 1.8 TS from my darling.... but am afraid!

Given they've been stuck on for 15 years am I likely to damage the paint? Is the paint likely to be discoloured/tarnished? Is this a bad idea or is there a technique?

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
433 Posts
If the badges are the normal plastic/chrome type then warm them with a hairdryer on low setting. Gently prise away the badge from one end with a piece of plastic( an old credit card type thickness). When removed, wipe the glue/residue off with some white spirit and then polish.
This works a treat on my 19 year old Spider when I was replacing the original badges for new ones.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
If the badges are the normal plastic/chrome type then warm them with a hairdryer on low setting. Gently prise away the badge from one end with a piece of plastic( an old credit card type thickness). When removed, wipe the glue/residue off with some white spirit and then polish.
This works a treat on my 19 year old Spider when I was replacing the original badges for new ones.
:thumbs::thumbs: This worked for me on a black GT. I found that solvent/white spirit was not needed since the remaining adhesive could be rubbed off with a finger. Wash the area well to remove dirt that has accumulated behind the badge before polishing.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Why remove it. The 1.8 is the engine to have of the 4 pots. If it said JTS then i'd agree with you on removal :lol:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why remove it. The 1.8 is the engine to have of the 4 pots. If it said JTS then i'd agree with you on removal :lol:
True, I do like the fact is says T-spark not JTS!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Mine still has all it's badges plus the Q2 ;)

·
Registered
755 Posts
I done this a couple of weeks ago with a heat gun and some thread, just heat the badge up and then pull the thread down the back of them and then finish of with a nice polish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts