Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken the MiTo badge off their car, and got any pictures of how it looks?

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I don't know why anyone would want to de-badge their car. Just looks...odd.

It's like you're disassociating yourself with the car in a way. Just my opinion on the matter.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I've seen one with the MiTo badge centred. That looked quite good.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I don't know why anyone would want to de-badge their car. Just looks...odd.

It's like you're disassociating yourself with the car in a way. Just my opinion on the matter.
Never understood it either, and the MiTo badge is pretty nice anyway, but each to their own of course. Maybe try it on a few household goods first.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I cannot understand why you would want to debadge a car, unless you are ashamed of it ?
Definately Chavvy, But why is it that Chavs debadge their cars, but insist on having designer clothes with the biggest brand logos emblazoned all over them????:confused: :cheese:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a BMW and choose to have the model designation deleted on the order (its a listed free option).

I like the simple symmetry of just having the BMW logo in the middle of the boot. Having basic 530D / 525D / 520D text etc. to one side doesn't look good to me.

The Alfa though has a nice central badge and a nicely designed text of the "MiTo", so it keeps the simplicity. Having further silver plastic denoting it as a Veloce 1.3 JTD would lose this.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I can sort of understand the reasoning, although I don't agree with it, if you had a BMW 318 and you want people to think you have a 320, but a MiTo is, well a MiTo, it couldn't be anything else.
Actually that is so true, when you see a MiTo on the surface you don't always realise what it is apart from very subtle details. A MiTo could just as easily be petrol or diesel, a 95, or a turbo 120 - 155. There's nothing on them to show anything different, apart from the QV of course. I've toyed with the idea of putting silver lettering TB 155 under the MiTo badge, but think hey what's the point. Its much more fun surprising people with raw power as it shoots off at warp speed... "Ha ha ha so you thought it was just a MiTo. There's just no such thing as 'just' a MiTo!" :lol:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Actually that is so true, when you see a MiTo on the surface you don't always realise what it is apart from very subtle details. A MiTo could just as easily be petrol or diesel, a 95, or a turbo 120 - 155. There's nothing on them to show anything different, apart from the QV of course. I've toyed with the idea of putting silver lettering TB 155 under the MiTo badge, but think hey what's the point. Its much more fun surprising people with raw power as it shoots off at warp speed... "Ha ha ha so you thought it was just a MiTo. There's just no such thing as 'just' a MiTo!" :lol:
Yeah that's the thing. I have the 95 with the Veloce spec and I get Cooper S, and Ibiza FR drivers look at me at the lights and shoot off into the distance expecting me to give them a run for there money! Ow well hopefully my next one will be a QV. :D

·
Vendor
45,457 Posts
I've debadged the "2.4 JTD" badge from the back of my 156. But then someone did nick the J which made it look a bit silly anyway.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had planned to de-badge the Mito badge earlier. But decided against it in the end.
That said, I don't understand how some of you are so strongly against it - It's not about disassociation, being ashamed of the badge/car or trying to be something else.
It's just for some people, an easy way of making the rear end a lot cleaner looking.
I certainly don't find anything chav about it - it's only chav when you de-badge the manufacturer's badge.
I chose not to de-badge it in the end, not because I love the Mito badge, or trying to ensure others know of my association with the car.
But I simply thought it's too plain if I de-badged it.
Simples.:D

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
...That said, I don't understand how some of you are so strongly against it - It's not about disassociation, being ashamed of the badge/car or trying to be something else.
Well that was just my opinion, and how I feel when I see someone who has de-badged their car. It's just an odd thing to do. I don't see the point in it. The MITO logo is a lovely piece of design and compliments the car very well I think. To remove it is almost removing some of the identity of the car. And in this respect I see it as a form of disassociation.

Again though, it's all down to personal preference and I'm just giving my opinion on the matter. If I were to see a de-badged MITO I'd roll my eyes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts