Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the GTV for two years now and have been in two minds weather or not to de-badge it.Personally i think it looks better without, and never liked the silly little slanted gtv badge.So last week i fitted the rear spoiler and got rid of the badges,and i must say it looks so much better.The badges came off really easily and left no marks:).And then someone asked me if i removed them to hide the fact that it's only a 2.0L:( .That's not why i did it and if i had a 3.0L i would do the same.Is this a common perception? trying to hide the fact thats it's a smaller engine:confused:

·
Registered
221 Posts
mines is de badged too! not for engine size but cos i like it that way lol...only badges mines is getting back on are the side pini lettering..so good on you for doing what you like:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Debadged mine too - looks so much better without, and it's far easier to clean & wax/polish without those bits of plastic in the way :D

H

·
0 Posts
Had the GTV for two years now and have been in two minds weather or not to de-badge it.Personally i think it looks better without, and never liked the silly little slanted gtv badge.So last week i fitted the rear spoiler and got rid of the badges,and i must say it looks so much better.The badges came off really easily and left no marks:).And then someone asked me if i removed them to hide the fact that it's only a 2.0L:( .That's not why i did it and if i had a 3.0L i would do the same.Is this a common perception? trying to hide the fact thats it's a smaller engine:confused:
Why are you arsed about the badges :confused:

Engine size :(

Just try to be an Alfisti ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Each to their own. I still have mine in place but thinking of taking them off to clean up the back end. Might stop muppet boy racers sitting on my tail too! Bit of advice though - heat them with a hair dryer first and they should come off without having to 'lever' them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
And then someone asked me if i removed them to hide the fact that it's only a 2.0L:( .That's not why i did it and if i had a 3.0L i would do the same.Is this a common perception? trying to hide the fact thats it's a smaller engine:confused:
You can thank BMW drivers for this! For many years it's been a no-cost option on BMWs to delete the model number badge from the bootlid - and therefore allow owners of 316s to give the appearance of driving a 328 or whatever.

As you rightly say, it's for a different reason on Alfas ;)

Personally, I like the Gtv script but not the engine size badge - I think it would look better if the same script were used for both.

When I had a TS I removed that badge but left the GTV one. On my Cup, both are in the same script, so have remained :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Must admit - my girl did the same with her 1.6 A3 when she bought it. (as with BMW, a no cost option!).

I'm with SKG27. Like the script used on the GTV but find the '3.0 V6 24V' unnecessarily pretentious. It's a bit like those 4x4's from the far east with their umpteen letters after the model number - pointless. A GTV doesn't need badges when it has soul......

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
If you really want the badges removed, don't lever them off, just use dental floss behind the badge and using a sawing action they'll come off easily. Then use some ethanol to remove the traces of the adhesive.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine's debadged, I hated the odd style of huge lettering. The slanted Spider lettering mathces the pininfarina badging and looks in keeping but the "2.0 T-SPARK" badge just looked ugly.

It's gone! :)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
My Spider is de-badged. Looks cleaner and far better....;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Have to agree with this idea, tbh not really thought about it before, but just went to the window to have a look at the back of mine and think it would look far better without the squared lettering.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts