Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340222550.153287.jpg Alfistis!
You may remember some time ago I was thinking about de-badging my 159. Well, i did it What do you reckon? Should I put the 159 2.4 JTDm badge back on, or leave it as it is? I'm not sure. Decisions decisions.....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I pulled my badges off at birth, mainly to stop nasty bits of grit collecting there only to be picked up by the wash mitt and dragged over the paintwork. Don't worry, nobody will mistake it for a VW, it looks fine :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks really good, leave them off.

One question, did it leave behind any sign that there were badges there once and what did you use to remove them. Ok, that was 2 questions!!

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Looks good :thumbs:

Rub of IPA usually gets rid of residue.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks really good, leave them off.

One question, did it leave behind any sign that there were badges there once and what did you use to remove them. Ok, that was 2 questions!!
Thanks.

There was just a light outline of dirt and black glue. I just rubbed it off and used some bug and tar remover.

I removed the badges by heating with a hair dryer and using dental floss. Quite an easy job.

There was no sign that badges were once there when removed. Please post a pic if you decide to do it. 👍

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled my badges off at birth, mainly to stop nasty bits of grit collecting there only to be picked up by the wash mitt and dragged over the paintwork. Don't worry, nobody will mistake it for a VW, it looks fine :cool:
Cheers

·
Registered
32,440 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I like the look. Have inspired me to do the same to mine, I think. Maybe get the twin exhaust conversion first so it looks the part. With my one poxy exhaust covered in rust it may be mistaken for a 1.8mpi, or even worse a 1.9jtdm!!

Hang on, it is a 1.9jtdm. Doh.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the look. Have inspired me to do the same to mine, I think. Maybe get the twin exhaust conversion first so it looks the part. With my one poxy exhaust covered in rust it may be mistaken for a 1.8mpi, or even worse a 1.9jtdm!!

Hang on, it is a 1.9jtdm. Doh.
Yeh, I'm starting to like it more now too. The eye is drawn more to the Alfa logo than the "159".

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I did mine about a month after buying the car. Looks much cleaner and really does draw you to the Alfa Romeo badge....

·
Registered
160 Posts
hmmmmm, i have been undecided as to whether or not to do this to mine too....this has certainly helped swing the vote in the favor of debadging!!!

looks very tidy Craigo, very clean, and it does draw the eye to the Alfa badge!!

great work!

Phil.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I de-badged my 159 but also had the lower bumper section between the two pipes sprayed body coloured (silver) and finished the look off with a “lip” boot spoiler which is also body coloured. You can get larger spoilers but I didn’t want to over do it. I just wanted it to look a bit different from other 159’s but without going over the top. At a recent show it had one or two looks, people know something is different but it takes a second look for them to see all that I have done.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have been considering debadging the LE since I bought it last month. I have finally worked out how to attach Photos to a post...and all being well, it should add it to this one.

Definitely going to go ahead with debadging, it looks smarter overall, increases that clean look of the car. And so easy to do, definitely a job for next weekend.

Liam

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd never do this, the back already looks waaaay too much like a seat cordoba for my liking:tut:
That is an interesting comment on a forum for people that are interested in Alfas! I think Seat have been heavily influenced by the design of the 159.

So far I don't think my car has been mistaken for a Seat. Even for those without a clue about cars, the big Alfa Romeo badge tends to be a bit of a giveaway.

I'm more convinced than ever to leave the little badges off now. Cheers!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I de-badged my 159 but also had the lower bumper section between the two pipes sprayed body coloured (silver) and finished the look off with a “lip” boot spoiler which is also body coloured. You can get larger spoilers but I didn’t want to over do it. I just wanted it to look a bit different from other 159’s but without going over the top. At a recent show it had one or two looks, people know something is different but it takes a second look for them to see all that I have done.
hi Highway star,

can I ask where you got the lip spoiler from?? this is something i'm wanting to do to my own, i've seen them on ebay from Germany for a whopping £40, just wondering if there is another source for these?

Cheers,

Phil.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts