Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And i stupidly feel guilty, in pain and discomfort since 1am, hard to walk and can not sit down, no way can i drive a bouncy seated wagon for 5 hours, but as above i feel i have let work down with my first day off sick since 2005 when i had a bit of heart trouble, i need to get a life.....:(

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
no days off ill if you are self employed,,,,,,,,,,,,,when i broke my foot i was back to work and driving in 3 days and 2 of those were a weekend...

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
:rolleyes:

When I died, 7 years ago, I couldn't afford to have a day off work, so I went in, worked my shift....in fact I worked unpaid overtime, worked through lunch, in fact I cooked lunch at home for all my colleagues before I went into work, I fed them through a tube, while they worked, to maximise productivity and did all of this with a broom up my 'arris so I could sweep up as I went along.

And you try and tell private sector and self-employed types that the public sector isn't overworked, underpaid and under-appreciated...and they won't believe you. :rant:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
That's nowt, when I died 10 years ago, after I'd been dug up they took my arms and legs off put them in a box and I had to push them 40 miles to work on the end of my nose :(

when I Got there I was told I had to work a double shift and if I wanted to stay in a job I would have to pay them £500 to keep my name on the list :cry:

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Thats nowt,
Before I was concieved, I was expected to be up before breakfast, slither my way to the coal mine, do a 27 hour shift , before heading home to cook dinner for the rest of the family.
All this done I would then go out for my second shift, unpaid mind, just to show willing.
When I was born, I was expected to this all before I got up in the morning.
Thank the lord for the European Working time directive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts