Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know we need to leave sensible distances between ourselves and the car in front, and we need to take care going across junctions, but..... what is it with some people who leave 4 or 5 car lengths between them and the car in front when going through lights? Don't they realise that traffic lights are a bottle neck, and we should all be trying to get as many through them at any time as safely possible to aid traffic flow? And what boils my p*ss is when these people travelling safely by doing 20 mph across the junction in a 40 limit happily sail through even when the lughts have just turned red :rant::rant:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
What about sticking Traffic Lights on every single roundabout of the A1474?!!??!

It's now quicker to use the B roads!!

Bloody Dimwits.

M

·
0 Posts
OK, I know we need to leave sensible distances between ourselves and the car in front, and we need to take care going across junctions, but..... what is it with some people who leave 4 or 5 car lengths between them and the car in front when going through lights? Don't they realise that traffic lights are a bottle neck, and we should all be trying to get as many through them at any time as safely possible to aid traffic flow? And what boils my p*ss is when these people travelling safely by doing 20 mph across the junction in a 40 limit happily sail through even when the lughts have just turned red :rant::rant:
The last part of this rant is SO very true! A set of lights on the way to work are out of time......if you play the amber gamble, then the lights at the junction opposite will already have turned green! As most people unfortunately instinctively go as soon as they see the green light as opposed to having a quick look to check it's all clear, you end up with many a near miss on a daily basis:rolleyes:

G

·
0 Posts
....if you play the amber gamble, then the lights at the junction opposite will already have turned green! As
Amber gamble...Pfft, ever heard of the 2 second red rule :lol:

When me and a few mates go for a drive and approach traffic lights you will struggle to get a fag paper inbetween our bumpers :D

But you find that the people who hang back at 20 in a 40 arnt really that good of a driver/not paying attention to what they are doing, So i am glad they stay back tbh, because if the person in front of them decides to back out of the 'amber gamble' then they are goint to end up in their boot, causing more traffic.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amber gamble...Pfft, ever heard of the 2 second red rule :lol:

When me and a few mates go for a drive and approach traffic lights you will struggle to get a fag paper inbetween our bumpers :D

But you find that the people who hang back at 20 in a 40 arnt really that good of a driver/not paying attention to what they are doing, So i am glad they stay back tbh, because if the person in front of them decides to back out of the 'amber gamble' then they are goint to end up in their boot, causing more traffic.
Yep, but the person in front of them is going through on the green - it's only turned amber because they're going soooooo slooooow and leaving sooooo much roooooom in front of them, and we could have all gone safely through, gone to work, and be half the way through the first bacon sarnie of the day before it had actually got to amber....:rant:

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about sticking Traffic Lights on every single roundabout of the A1474?!!??!

It's now quicker to use the B roads!!

Bloody Dimwits.
Still, at least we get to listen to the traffic news talking about Willy Wicket :)

M

·
0 Posts
Yep, but the person in front of them is going through on the green - it's only turned amber because they're going soooooo slooooow and leaving sooooo much roooooom in front of them, and we could have all gone safely through, gone to work, and be half the way through the first bacon sarnie of the day before it had actually got to amber....:rant:
A truer sentence could not been spoken Mave:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Traffic lights should be like F1 grids, when they change to green everyone moves at the same time.
I can't understand how some people can accelerate so slowly that you almost end up in their boot when you touch the throttle :mad:

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't understand how some people can accelerate so slowly that you almost end up in their boot when you touch the throttle :mad:
Says the guy with the 2.5 V6 :)
(only kidding, I'm sure you only tickle it...) :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Traffic lights should be like F1 grids, when they change to green everyone moves at the same time.
Very true. If everyone moved at the moment the car infront did, as we all should because we should have the car in gear and the clutch biting with our hand ready to release the handbrake as the amber appears, then we would all get everywhere far more quickly and arrive far less stressed!

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Says the guy with the 2.5 V6 :)
(only kidding, I'm sure you only tickle it...) :cool:
It only needs a little tickle :lol:

Very true. If everyone moved at the moment the car infront did, as we all should because we should have the car in gear and the clutch biting with our hand ready to release the handbrake as the amber appears, then we would all get everywhere far more quickly and arrive far less stressed!
Handbrake :confused:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Yep thats the one, still never sure which lane to be in when going round to Tesco so just use the V6 power to beat everyone off the lights :lol:
Whenever I'm there, I'm in a big *** 8 metre long van, so I use gentle persuasion to get myself round. I call it the Lottery R'about :lol:

Still, at least we get to listen to the traffic news talking about Willy Wicket :)
Indeed!! And where on earth is the Wick Wick roundabout!?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whenever I'm there, I'm in a big *** 8 metre long van, so I use gentle persuasion to get myself round. I call it the Lottery R'about :lol:

Indeed!! And where on earth is the Wick Wick roundabout!?
?? Gonna have to listen harder for that one :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts