Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I've been looking at the vehicle compliance plate to see whether I can see anything that would tell me the month and year of manufacture of my 159. I can't see anything obvious - any suggestions?

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
From that link, only the first two characters work, the "Z" & "A", telling you it was made in Italy by Alfa Romeo (which you probably knew anyway!).

You can find out the date by entering the VIN number into ePER (sent it by PM if you need help with that).
You will also find small stickers under most bits of internal trim with their date, which will be within a day or two of the build date.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
For the month of build, look at the airbag sticker on the lower part of the drivers door and take 10 years off the replacement date.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
use the parts CD and enter last 8 digits of the ZAR code and it gives all details of your car including build date

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Get that VIN No. up when I plug in Dynoscan, but apart from that, it's just the computer reverting, when the battery is disconnected, which then comes up as Jan 2001, whatever that represents?:):

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the month of build, look at the airbag sticker on the lower part of the drivers door and take 10 years off the replacement date.
Well if I take 10 years off that date, my Alfa is due to be built in December 2012 - or on the other hand perhaps the rules are different in Australia!

However that does suggest that December 2007 might have been the build date. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
just give me the last 8 digits of your ZAR code and I will check !

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
Maybe the airbags & pre-tensioners have moved from 10-years to 15-years.

M

·
0 Posts
Call Ben Head at Customer Relations.

He is bloody good and should be able to find out any info you require

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello. I've been looking at the vehicle compliance plate to see whether I can see anything that would tell me the month and year of manufacture of my 159. I can't see anything obvious - any suggestions?

Do you have a sedan or wagon?

Picked up mine today YEEEAHHH! LOVE IT :thumbs: and found a build date plate fitted next to the spare wheel well when you lift the carpet up.

Not sure if the sedans have them in the same place but avalook.

Cheers

A

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have a sedan or wagon?

Picked up mine today YEEEAHHH! LOVE IT :thumbs: and found a build date plate fitted next to the spare wheel well when you lift the carpet up.

Not sure if the sedans have them in the same place but avalook.
Huzzah! Yes, that is where it was, many thanks.

And as I had speculated earlier in the thread, the build date was 12/07, so the replacement period on the various pyrotechnic devices is now 15 years.

cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts