Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He stated the Giulia will be revealed on 24 June 2015.

Exactly 105 years after Alfa was born.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Well, they have just under a year to perfect it.
Let's just hope it gives the Germans a run for their money.
Alfa must really get its advertising/marketing house in order for the Giulia to succeed.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Well, they have just under a year to perfect it.
Let's just hope it gives the Germans a run for their money.
Alfa must really get its advertising/marketing house in order for the Giulia to succeed.
I think it might be Jaguar they need to worry more about this time - that new XE is looking very nice!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I actually think the new Jag XE looks really bland. It is really slab-sided. From the side, it could be any car. The rear is just an Audi A7 - the lights are too big.
From the front, it's just the XF shrunken a bit. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's still quite bland.
I'm quite disappointed in the styling, as I am a big Jaguar fan. They've built excellent car after excellent car from the start of the company until they made the S-type and the X-type...

·
Registered
35,734 Posts
I agree totally . It reminds me of the Lexus is200. The original one , not muscular or organic but producty with a reasonably good stance.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
This historical affiliation with Alfa Romeo needs to stop...seriously.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Sergio has to shuttup and deliver. He gets rid of Di Montezemolo for not delivering during an impossible F1 season where any engine development has been banned. Yet he fails to deliver at a stellar level when it comes to Alfa Romeo, year after year. Imagine if your top seller's replacement suddenly doesn't sell, and you kill it without any replacement???

I will bet that come June 24 2015, there will still be no Giulia. There may be pictures and prototypes at car shows for the next 2 years (like the 4C), but not an actual car in production.

And I am an optimist...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Lol at that date.

If they only revealing in June 2015, when exactly will they be produced and when exactly will we be able to buy one? Freaking 2017? I'm amazed at how delayed these okes are. I can actually picture Marchionne, sitting with a cigar in his mouth, wide smile, watching Alfa Romeo die a slow death.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Guys...lol, where's the passion?:cheese:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I think the proposed Alfetta looks quite nice...

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I think the proposed Alfetta looks quite nice...
What "proposed Alfetta"?

There's the Giulia, for which no styling details have been released yet. The only suspicion from the Ghibli-based test mule is that it will again have hidden rear door handles, unlike the 159. Apart from that?

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Nothing on the exterior of the Ghibli mule will become Alfa Romeo. That mule is a Ghibli body. Not an Alfa body so I don't think it will necessarily feature hidden handles.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
The reason why I think it may well be an indication is because on that mutilated Ghibli body used on the mule, it looked like there was some disguising going on around the rear edges of the rear door windows, despite the Ghibli rear door handles also being present.
On the other hand, why would they bother installing door handles there and then disguise them, as, as you rightly say, the body is obviously just being used for convenience's sake.

Possibly a devious double-bluff: "Lets put some disguise/cladding around the rear window trailing edges to make people think we are disguising door handles there."

Looking at the pictures again, it looks like the "cladding" may just be part of the frame for the plastic they used to fill in the gap where the rear windows should be. Probably didn't want to bother making smaller window glass to fit the modified doors.

I'm still hoping they use 156-esque rear door handles again, though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts