Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I had the same message when I tried to add this event last week - but I thought it also said it would automatically be reported?

·
Company Director
164 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm having trouble replicating this error so can you give me a list of click by click instructions so that I can get the database error. Please start the instructions from the Forum Home Page indicating dropdown menus etc that you use. Also, please include what browser you are using. Hopefully we'll be able to get this sorted quickly ;)

Thanks,

Geoff

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using IE 7.0.5730.13 on XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP3.

I went from the main forum menu to Events Calendar, then 'Add New Event', then selected 'Single, All Day Event'. Selected 'July' using the drop-down and then 'UK National Event' from the Event Region drop-down. Added the date and title along with some simple text to the box and this link ( The Sharnbrook Hotel & Vesuvio Restaurant | Sharnbrook ). Then I hit 'Save Event' and after a while I get:

Database errorThe Alfa Romeo Forum database has encountered a problem.Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.alfaowner.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.alfaowner.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

·
Company Director
164 Posts
This is going to be difficult as I've just managed to add a 'UK National Event' for 25th July 2009 which contains the said link.

Can you post the exact text and date (at the very least I'll be able to post this event for you :) ) just in case the problem lies with the text. I'll also try to do it using a test account as it might allow admins to do it but not other members.

Thanks

·
Company Director
164 Posts
FIXED :) Please try to post events and let me know if there are any problems but I have now got this to work using a test account (it was previously getting the same database error)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.