Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Together with seemingly excessive wind noise (front and side), the only fault on my new 2.4 Ti is an annoying sizzle from the dash - from underneath the top / around vents. It's a result of the engine revs - only starts to sing at around 3,500 revs, so it's quite a good way of keeping me off the red(white) line and sinking to 25mpg :lol:

Anyone else had this? Was it easily fixed?

F

·
0 Posts
It's a feature of the model!
My 2.4's got it now, my last 2.4 had it and they tried to fix it 7 times. I haven't even bothered asking them to fix it on my new one.
Don't worry - it will soon get drowned out by all the other rattles.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a feature of the model!
My 2.4's got it now, my last 2.4 had it and they tried to fix it 7 times. I haven't even bothered asking them to fix it on my new one.
Don't worry - it will soon get drowned out by all the other rattles.
Thankyou for that comforting reply :lol:

No other noises at all presently, but only 500 miles...!
It will get a pounding for 18 miles a day up the potholed lane to work, so it's a test for any car. It was a tribute to my GTi that after 60K there wasn't a solitary rattle anywhere.

Didn't put you off buying another one then? ;)

C

·
0 Posts
I had exactly same on my 2.4 brera, it disappeared intermittently after a couple of thousand miles, a further 2000 on it has disappeared completely; I actually quite liked it.
Had no thoughts of getting it fixed as I know its a nightmare dash off job; however I didn't get my car new; I might have a different view if it had been brand spanking. I have read that you only have a few weeks to request squeaks and rattles to be fixed under warranty, as they seem to become a grey area for 'faults' after this time. If its driving you crazy recommend you get it looked at sooner rather than later. Good luck!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
My dashboard / cockpit "vibration" really bugged us on the way back from Wales today:tut:

Must take some time to find it and hopefully without using a axe:mad:

C

·
0 Posts
Perhaps a layer of insulation applied to the dash ? .. in tasteful silver and black of course

·
Registered
841 Posts
Congrats on the car but get used to those squeeks and rattles. I'm on first name terms with my dealer I've had the 159 in so often and I think we've finally both given up as a bad job :mad:. Despite a complete screen replacement and taking large parts of doors and dash apart I still have at least 3 annoying buzzes and rattles. Shame caus other than that and the slightly poor MPG and cost of tyres (Plus hesitation on 2.2 which wont bother you) its a great car. Send yourself mad chasing the problem or turn up the hi-fi and enjoy :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts