Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys a very strange issue, I had removed the car battery and recharged it.
after connecting all the wires, the warning lights work and the interior passenger back lights.
but when I turn the key , nothing lights up ???
am I missing something here?

·
Premium Member
8,670 Posts
Hi guys a very strange issue, I had removed the car battery and recharged it.
after connecting all the wires, the warning lights work and the interior passenger back lights.
but when I turn the key , nothing lights up ???
am I missing something here?
I'd check the main fuse(s) on/near the battery, perhaps one of them was bad/cracked, and failed due to movement of battery cables

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Have the battery checked for state of health.

I could not even jump start my car because my battery was so dead, despite it just having enough to light up the warning lights etc. My old battery was at 1%. Batteries only last 3 - 5 years as a rule.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
...also, are you sure you have connected the battery the right way round? -ve to earth (front cable), +ve to fused distribution block (rear cable, nearest the bulkhead). If you get it wrong, only a few dumb things will work. The ECU will shut down to protect itself, and everything it controls, which sounds a bit like your symptoms.

It is easy to put the battery in the wrong way round, with its terminals nearer the engine instead of the wing. I did it not long after buying the car. The cables will still reach the wrong terminals. I noticed polarity was wrong before I connected it, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts