Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leak from my air con behind the dash of my Sportywagon, it is blowing gas out of the driver's vent according to the tester. It looks likely to be the cooler behind the dash or a pipe joint. I assume I have to take the the whole dash out to access it. Can anyone who has done this offer me any tips or instructions on how to remove the dash? At first glance I can't see where its even attached to the body!

Many thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
God help you man, it’s not for the faint of heart, start slow and easy take pics as you go. I have a left hand drive car so this is based on a LHD Car (mine.)

You need to take the glove box out, see the silver trim on top of it? You need to pry it slowly, it will reveal screws, undo them then go to the side where you have a kick panel that has the key hole to disable the passenger airbag, remove that and it will reveal bolts, then you need to go nice and steady, and remove the center console be careful with the rubber plastic trim it likes to get loose. After you get the center console out you need to get the fuse box module on the driver side out then the steering wheel. The big bolts hiding behind are what’s bolting the dash to the car. God help you

I recommend you have a professional help you, at least if he breaks trim parts he’ll be liable to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
God help you man, it’s not for the faint of heart, start slow and easy take pics as you go. I have a left hand drive car so this is based on a LHD Car (mine.)

You need to take the glove box out, see the silver trim on top of it? You need to pry it slowly, it will reveal screws, undo them then go to the side where you have a kick panel that has the key hole to disable the passenger airbag, remove that and it will reveal bolts, then you need to go nice and steady, and remove the center console be careful with the rubber plastic trim it likes to get loose. After you get the center console out you need to get the fuse box module on the driver side out then the steering wheel. The big bolts hiding behind are what’s bolting the dash to the car. God help you

I recommend you have a professional help you, at least if he breaks trim parts he’ll be liable to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, that's great advice, just what I needed to know. I have no fears about taking it all apart, just wanted to now where to start. I am an engineer, just not an aircon man! But prayers are always welcome too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts