Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
饾搻饾摰饾摨饾摢 饾摗饾摳饾摱饾摦饾摳 156 2.0 TS
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I swapped speedometer from 2.5 v6 to my 2.0 ts. And led illumination is not working.
I tryed chaneging bulb but no help (i tested bulb with multimeter and its working)
Is there any special way I should install bulbs or just dashboard is broken?

Premium Member
Hi.

I swapped speedometer from 2.5 v6 to my 2.0 ts. And led illumination is not working.
I tryed chaneging bulb but no help (i tested bulb with multimeter and its working)
Is there any special way I should install bulbs or just dashboard is broken?
If it is a LED, obviously it will be polarity sensitive..... Are you sure you put it in correctly ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Its not LED its bulb. But I will try again. Sleep helps sometimes.馃槀
If it is a LED, obviously it will be polarity sensitive..... Are you sure you put it in correctly ?

Registered
I have found that not all speedometers are compatible with each other in the past. I think there are internal wiring differences between different models and ages. I found this out when trying to change black dials for white dials. I was using V6 dials for the swap but the white ones just wouldn't work. Not sure if using a V6 dial on a TS might cause issues but like I said, not all dials are interchangeable.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Odomometer is not working but one fo engine speed (right one) is working perfectly

Registered
Karl is right. When I was changing the odometer and rev counter in my 156 facelift I was fortunate to know a breakers yard where they let me have a variety of both to try out and all but the ones I kept did not work perfectly. Some didn't have the same Services warning lights but some just didn't work at all.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Everything fixed and working!馃槏

Bulbs did not work and I figured out you can swap bulbs from one case to another. This is importat beacuse only bulbs with orange case will work in black boards (in white boards).Anyhow speedometer is working great as it should. Rev counter I think it's not accurate, not sure tho. I was going around 120km/h and rev was pointing at 2000(5th gear).
Also temperature/km is not working. I cant switch to temp.

All in all im happy how this worked out.

Premium Member
re rev, that sounds "normal" as you're using a revcounter from a 6 cylinder on a 4 cylinder......
revcounter probably underreads by 33%
Sounds like more trouble then it's worth, if a number of essential functions don't work correctly ......

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
re rev, that sounds "normal" as you're using a revcounter from a 6 cylinder on a 4 cylinder......
revcounter probably underreads by 33%
Sounds like more trouble then it's worth, if a number of essential functions don't work correctly ......
True, but not racing with this car and I'm good with math馃槀

1 - 9 of 9 Posts