Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to ask a question that I am sure has an obvious answer.

The amber light (circle with arros pointing in) showing where the gear indicator arrows appear.

What does it mean? Can not find it in owners manuals anywhere. At first I thought it was an ice warning light. Realised it is not a snowflake.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
37,492 Posts
Snowflake symbol. It means it is cold and there is a danger of ice on the road. I can't remember if it comes on at below +3 or +4ºC on the Giulietta.

If it is on when it shouldn't be like when it is obviously warm outside you probably have a faulty exterior temperature sensor.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Snowflake symbol. It means it is cold and there is a danger of ice on the road. I can't remember if it comes on at below +3 or +4ºC on the Giulietta.

If it is on when it shouldn't be like when it is obviously warm outside you probably have a faulty exterior temperature sensor.
The picture isn't a snow flake looks more like a sun.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Maybe, but it's definitely the warning for low temperature - the OBD on the pic shows 0.5C

As Symon said, is a warning to be careful for ice, also your AC compressor won't be working.

Can't be sure on the Guilietta either, but on the 147 it came on at 3.0C

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Not the ice warning this is a snowflake on a road symbol. This I don't recognise nor is it in the manual. Closest thing is brake pad warning. I see the screen says start stop unavailable but isn't this a ! with arrows around it. Are there other messages?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Just looked at pre 2016 manual. It is indeed a snowflake symbol. Apologies the symbol on my car is different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help guys. The picture I posted was actually captured from a youtube video. The car I drove was a test drive and though I saw the symbol I did not check what the temeperature actually read.
On my 147 the snowflake is a clear snowflake. Where as this was clearly arrows pointing at a central shape. Thanks for the link to an owners manual that shows it is the ice symbol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts