Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my dashboard MFD has suddenly changed to Italiano and I can't figure out how to change it back to English. Every time I start the car and the pop up nav starts up it tells me theres going to be a language update but I press cancel. The nav screen stays English and Voice commands too the dashboard is Italiano :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I've also disabled the greeting lights when unlocking the car via remote, and what tipped me of that it's some kind of reset for the internal memory is that one morning I unlocked the car and the lights came on. Then it offered an Italian language change upon startup.

At first I also canceled the request, it kept coming up every time I start the car.

What did the trick was actually agreeing to it switching to Italian, then shifting it back to English and letting it restart again. Also had to restore all my settings as they seemed to went to default or something (greeting lights, units etc.). Since then, no problems.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Odd electrical goings on are often a sign that the battery is starting to go.

It sounds like its defaulting to factory settings because the voltage has dropped.

Even a small drop in voltage can start to give problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Let me just add to my previous post a propos Richard's reply.

I have a near new battery (Varta if that's relevant) and drive my car daily. There has surely been no drop in voltage or capacity. So I'd say this is a non-related issue, some kind of firmware bug.

Also, if it were battery related, just as soon as you'd disconnect/connect your battery, the car would opt for default settings and ask for an Italian language switch. This is not the case in Giuliettas, probably because the navi/board computer has a CMOS-type of hardware that keeps information like that alive separate from the car's juice.

That said, if you are experiencing other power-related issues (i.e. start/stop not functioning etc.), I'd go for a new battery. Seems to fix most unexplainable stuff roaming around in Alfas.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi my dashboard MFD has suddenly changed to Italiano and I can't figure out how to change it back to English. Every time I start the car and the pop up nav starts up it tells me theres going to be a language update but I press cancel. The nav screen stays English and Voice commands too the dashboard is Italiano :(
i had the same last week,
Day after i also had my metrics changed from L/km to km/L.

I would just blame it on bad electrics in italian cars.

for the nav, let it change to italian and then change it back to english (i believe lingua is the italian word)
havent found another way to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts