Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heated rear window switch illumination has packed up! How do I replace the bulb?? It is just the symbol illumination, not the warning light that it's on. I just can't see how to get the control panel out!

Anybody any ideas??

·
Registered
591 Posts
I also have the same problem, havent managed to find out how neither :(

·
Registered
407 Posts
looking at my dual zone panel i would say you have to split top half of dash as it sits over front of heater control panel havent had to do mine yet but if i do i will post how to remove panel sorry cant be anymore help

·
Registered
208 Posts
Getting the panel of is a large pain in the ******. Better leave it to the dealer.
Also they are not bulbs but leds: -Led SMD plcc2 3528 (i could be wrong here)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Noticed mine had gone the other day to, a bulb behind the dial in which you choose where the heaters blow too, dealer jobby?

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you remove the glove box it maybe possible to get to the back of the unit - not going to be pretty but might be worth 10mins of trying before ripping the console to bits.

GK

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your advice, I might take the glovebox route first - but not this weekend as it's just a bit too wet.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Getting the panel of is a large pain in the ******. Better leave it to the dealer.
Also they are not bulbs but leds: -Led SMD plcc2 3528 (i could be wrong here)
LEDs shouldn't just 'blow' like bulbs, it may be another underlying issue...

Best to consult your dealer if the car's still under warranty: dashboard LEDs
aren't 'consumables' like incandescent bulbs, so any failure should be covered!

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Only just got my MiTo but I'm loving it. Just one point, tonight I was driving home and didn't need the headlights on (side lights were on automaticaly as I understand we have no control over turning them on and off) but I wanted my speedo, temp and rev dials lit as they were hard to see in the dim light. Is the only way to illuminate them to turn the headlights on?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Only just got my MiTo but I'm loving it. Just one point, tonight I was driving home and didn't need the headlights on (side lights were on automaticaly as I understand we have no control over turning them on and off) but I wanted my speedo, temp and rev dials lit as they were hard to see in the dim light. Is the only way to illuminate them to turn the headlights on?
'Fraid so- sidelights alone are only possible when parked with ignition off...

Strangely though, the main dial pointers are lit at all times when moving.

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well spoke to dealer, turns out all the switches are in a block and lit by LED's so that's got to be replaced. definitely a dealer job, but...interestingly... a while you wait dealer job!

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Done now, originally told it would take 1hour 30 minutes but done in just over an hour - well done Guests of Knowle!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts