Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on starting up all the warning lights were flashing, no guages working, no indicators, odometer flashing. After a couple of restarts back to normal apart from odometer. Ten mins driving and flashing stops. Plugged in multiecuscan at home and found- u1700 no body computer, u1706 nfr node absent, u1701 ebgine control (NCM) all intermittent.also u1705 radio receiver, u1703 instrument control cluster, b10aa proxi configuration control, u1733 convergencetelematic node (l1 and l2), u1710 climate control ()ncl, u1724 parking sensor node, u1726 airbag node, u0019 B-CAN line. Anybody got any ideas what all this means?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
When a car displays that many fault codes, it's either f*cked, or has a battery/voltage problem.

When a modern Alfa or Fiat displays that many fault codes, I'd say it's 99% likely to be the latter - if the battery is over 4 years old I'd probably just change it for the best one that'll fit in the holder. Wouldn't even bother messing about with anything else. The only time any of my Italian cars have displayed fault codes or warnings is when I've started them without waiting for the warning lights to go out, or when the battery has been going.

Sadly many garages take the computer literally and (amazingly) often see about investigating each fault code. God knows why.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts