Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The warning light on the dash that tells you a bulb is lit up , I have checked all the lights Brakes,Reverse ,sidelights ,Fogs,dipped ,main & all indicators including side repeaters they are all fine ?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sometimes you get a false Reading....it's caused by resistance in the system, usually a result of a bad connection.....try cleaning your bulb holder contacts mate, should help!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
what about your number plate light?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine gives different bulb out messages depending on the weather, obviously more often when it's damp, she's a high maintainence old madam, but I love her!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
yeah my 147 did, but the 156 doesnt do that, even the face lift interior ones like mine with the display dont:mad:

but still love her to bits

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
in fact no messages for that type of thing at all. apart from engine and doors so far, and hanbrake, there the only ones iv found mine do:mad:

but still love her to bits:D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uncanny !! your not stalking me are you:)

looking at the rear its the left number plate light , well done Red & thanks :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the fewer warnings of this type the better really, whilst I carry out regular checks of all descriptions, this nanny style of instrument panel can lead to drivers being overly reliant on the car telling them what's wrong without checking things themselves. Having said that my missis has an M plate ZX with no warning for anything pretty much, and she still checks sod all on the poor old thing, heaven knows how it's still running:lol:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I think the fewer warnings of this type the better really, whilst I carry out regular checks of all descriptions, this nanny style of instrument panel can lead to drivers being overly reliant on the car telling them what's wrong without checking things themselves. Having said that my missis has an M plate ZX with no warning for anything pretty much, and she still checks sod all on the poor old thing, heaven knows how it's still running:lol:
iv grown to ingnore most, my stilo made me imune, i had the mcsf light a few times and i didnt bat an eyelid i knew it was a phantom message, but can see how the inexperienced would go to the dealers straight away, bet thats why fiat/alfa fit them, get as much money as poss. £60+ per diag, soon make a bundle there:lol:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Uncanny !! your not stalking me are you:)

looking at the rear its the left number plate light , well done Red & thanks :thumbs:
your welcome:thumbs:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi. The warning light on my 156 JTD SW only comes on when I press the brake pedal. Is this normal? Until recently it came on occasionally - now its on every time I brake. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
both brake lights, or the third brake light or faulty switch under the pedal:thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey folks bit of a newbie to alfas bought my mrs a 147 the other day.
got it home and we had a blown dipped beam bulb so ive replaced it with a h7 i had knocking around all fine

now 2 days later i have a warning light on the dash lhs light failure (WHEN IT WAS THE RHS THAT HAD BLOWN ) immediatly i thought resistance issue as i changed a bulb in the system.

now ive registered on here and ive checked all the lights on the car is it likely to be a phantom !

ps love the car otherwise !

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
hey folks bit of a newbie to alfas bought my mrs a 147 the other day.
got it home and we had a blown dipped beam bulb so ive replaced it with a h7 i had knocking around all fine

now 2 days later i have a warning light on the dash lhs light failure (WHEN IT WAS THE RHS THAT HAD BLOWN ) immediatly i thought resistance issue as i changed a bulb in the system.

now ive registered on here and ive checked all the lights on the car is it likely to be a phantom !

ps love the car otherwise !
welcome to the club mate, and the home of the phantom messages:lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Right well now today it seems the rhs dipped beam has blown again! Time to get the lecci tester out and put the elearn manual into action !!! Any ideas before i get stuck in ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts