Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm going to do the double din upgrade and get a nice built in sat nav stereo and reversing camera job done, I've seen the double din facia plates you can get and I'm going to get the Red one to match the paint.

Anyways next to the steering wheel there is that small peice of trim with 3 buttons on it, that's in the same colour as the current facia. Well I want to change that as well when I've done the upgrade to match the new red dash facia I will have but I cannot find one online at all. In any colour for that matter!

Anyone got a part number or know where I can find a part number to help me search? Anyone who's done the double din upgrade change their 3 button bit of trim and if so where'd you get it?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
That little panel always comes with the larger faceplate as part of the kit. I can't speak for double din fascia kits but the official alfa kits you always get both parts.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If it is of any interest I've got an unused complete fascia kit of both parts (the large Connects2 double din and the small Alfa piece) that I need to shift. I was going to do the same as you however ended up changing my Giulietta for a MiTo before I went through with the procedure.

Only thing is they have been painted in a metallic Rubino red, so whether that red would be to your liking I don't know (I can do pictures if interested). I don't want a lot for them so even if you decided to have them repainted overall cost would still be far less than buying a new pair.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it is of any interest I've got an unused complete fascia kit of both parts (the large Connects2 double din and the small Alfa piece) that I need to shift. I was going to do the same as you however ended up changing my Giulietta for a MiTo before I went through with the procedure.

Only thing is they have been painted in a metallic Rubino red, so whether that red would be to your liking I don't know (I can do pictures if interested). I don't want a lot for them so even if you decided to have them repainted overall cost would still be far less than buying a new pair.
Ah that's interesting. But surely if yours came with the little facia plate so should mine? It just doesn't show in the pictures.
I'm going to Google that red colour now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I might be wrong but when I was looking at them the main Connects2 double din piece I got was only sold on it's own, with the small piece separate. From what I remember and again I might be wrong there were full sets being sold however they were the actual Alfa ones with large piece cut out for the original single din format. I ended up buying the small piece separately through Western on here if my memory serves me correct.

I've attached a picture anyway of mine, again they were bought separate and the paint colour is not original. The Connects2 double din was a metallic red to begin with, the small Alfa part wasn't so they both got painted by a very good car painting place in Rubino Red.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello buddy I'm thinking of putting a double din in my G, and I love how it looks in yours. Is there any chance you can tell me what the total cost was and how much of a pain it was to do?

·
Registered
38,703 Posts
Looks good, did you manage to get the steeering wheel controls to work?

·
Registered
36,862 Posts
I can't believe if the original looked like that you wouldn't be saying how bad it looks!

Perhaps you'd be after the functional improvement ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, steering wheel controls all work, if I press the phone button it brings up the telephone options etc and I can use it to start/end a call. The only button that now does nothing is the little windows button on the wheel.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello buddy I'm thinking of putting a double din in my G, and I love how it looks in yours. Is there any chance you can tell me what the total cost was and how much of a pain it was to do?
It wasn't a pain at all....because I paid someone else to butcher the dash and take all that responsibility!
The whole job including all cables, facia parts, reversing camera, clarion head unit and installation fitting fees came to around £800. Not cheap but not as costly as buying a used giulietta with all that already installed with the veloce spec that I wanted.

Just gotta tell yourself 'its an investment' as you input your card and punch in your pin!

·
Registered
38,703 Posts
I can't believe if the original looked like that you wouldn't be saying how bad it looks!

Perhaps you'd be after the functional improvement ?
To be honest I think the style of the original leaves a bit to be desired anyway. Compared to the GTV, 156, 147 and Fiat Coupe the dash is a bit conservative for an Alfa.. Why no round vents for instance?

It certainly looks no worse than the original, and getting rid of the Blue and Me is a huge plus.

The Blue and me is so infuriatingly clunky that it drives me mad.

·
Registered
36,862 Posts
The original panel is wasted on you then!
The integration of the audio looks a lot better than that woodwork project of sticking an iPad into the new panel. The only redeeming quality us that the row of toggle switches isn't lost as it is on the series one Giulietta.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This one is the clarion Nx404e mk2 new for 2014, likely you had the mk1, doubt there's much difference though. Did yours have dab radio? I went for this one as it was a reasonable price, good reviews and the map updates weren't as expensive as some of the alternatives.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts