Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

ive hit a dead point with the track car, i was originally planning to remove the dashboard completly and fit a speedo/rev counter elsewhere. i have been sat looking at it for a while now (spanner in hand) but cant make up my mind :confused:

what are the pros/cons to removing the dash?? is there anything i havnt thought of here?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Got rid of it in my GTA track car. You need to support the steering column of the front bulkhead. A couple of tubes flattened at both ends bolted to the shell did it for me. There is a lot of loom behind the dash, but I am in the process of reducing mine to as few wires as possible.

There are some photos of track cars with the dash in on the forum. If you look in 'Class E race car build' on this part of the forum Chris has some excellent photos there. I think though he has to put his dash back for the Alfa race series, whereas I don't have to....

E.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got rid of it in my GTA track car. You need to support the steering column of the front bulkhead. A couple of tubes flattened at both ends bolted to the shell did it for me. There is a lot of loom behind the dash, but I am in the process of reducing mine to as few wires as possible.

There are some photos of track cars with the dash in on the forum. If you look in 'Class E race car build' on this part of the forum Chris has some excellent photos there. I think though he has to put his dash back for the Alfa race series, whereas I don't have to....

E.
Well i can agree there that i also dont need to keep the dash in and im guessing there will be a massive weight saving from removing it. im wanting to keep this car as simple as possible with as little wire as i can..... the less there is then im assuming there is less to go wrong thus keeping a simple car.

this is the first car i have stripped to this extent and its been a experince to say the least lol never had a dash out before so not sure what problems ill have lurking behind it but i think im pretty sure it will be coming out!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts