Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My immaculate interior is let down by a few scuffs on the centre dash console where the previous owner had a mobile phone hands free kit fitted.

Does anyone know if these marks, see picture below, can be repaired? I know there are various smart repair companies who do interior repairs but not sure if they can repair these types of damage!m
I'm hoping someone on here has had this repaired previously.

I'll post in detailing section too

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Yes they can , I used to do them .

Its basically the same system as repairing leather

The hole/damage will be filled with a vinyl type material that the grain can be imprinted into then coloured back up .

I bought the Trim Fix system from Chips Away many moons ago to start my own business doing this but it never really took off .

Fixed plenty of damage similar to that .

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they can , I used to do them .

Its basically the same system as repairing leather

The hole/damage will be filled with a vinyl type material that the grain can be imprinted into then coloured back up .

I bought the Trim Fix system from Chips Away many moons ago to start my own business doing this but it never really took off .

Fixed plenty of damage similar to that .

You still got the kit ? ;) fancy some beer tokens?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the kit but I know where it is , sadly the gel stuff I have to use to fix the dash would have gone of by now and possibly the paint to . Its well over 5 years since any of it was opened :(

Ah bugger never mind. I'll have to try the overpriced Chipsaway or hopefully a more reasonable independent

Thanks anyway

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've contacted a local mobile smart repairer and been quoted £60 to fix these defects.

I'll give them a shot when I get the car back from bodyshop with cup kit fitted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts