Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

i am in need of replacing the centre console lights on my ph1. also the cluster doesn't seam as bright as before(no not the dimmer!!) anyhow i was thinking of changing the colour of the lights to red like the later alfas. but will this work with just a change of bulb?? are the dials actually coloured? just a thought and not wanting to go down the chav routes with neons an all, far too old and sensible for that.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Why did they use red? It makes no sense to me.
If you are longsighted or presbyopic (over 45 years old) then green or blue would be better as it would take less time to adjust focus on and be clearer. If you are myopic (shortsighted) then red would be best, but if you are so shortsighted that long-wavelength visible light is best then you should have specs on to drive.

Stick to green or maybe blue.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Why did they use red? It makes no sense to me.
If you are longsighted or presbyopic (over 45 years old) then green or blue would be better as it would take less time to adjust focus on and be clearer. If you are myopic (shortsighted) then red would be best, but if you are so shortsighted that long-wavelength visible light is best then you should have specs on to drive.

Stick to green or maybe blue.
Why do you need to change focus to look at a different colour? I'm :confused:

I've done a thread search though and found that although the film behind the clocks is coloured, a new bulb should still shine through fairly well.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
I see they sell the blue dash kits on ebay...would love to get a red set

1 - 5 of 5 Posts